DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lariat
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
White Ram is on a distinguished road
Default My Apologies

So I see this 2011 Ram and I fall in lust. I drive it two blocks and realize it is true love. I talk money and get a better deal than I expected. I trade my '06 SRT8 Charger and drive off thinking they're gonna call 9-1-1 because I stole this beauty.

Of course then I find this forum and read all the posts from folks with brake issues, torque converter problems, wind noise and vibration problems, fit and finish problems and other issues.

After two months and almost 3000 miles including a two day 1600 mile road trip I am happy to report that I have no issues with this rig. It is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned; and I have owned a lot of vehicles.

This rig is quiet, it has tons of power, stops when and where I want it to, it is comfortable to drive long distances, rides great, is easy to get in and out of, handles well and everything works just as it is supposed to. It is easy to park and easy maneuver in heavy traffic situations. And even though I always said I would never own a white rig, this baby is a head turner.

My dealer was more than fair with me and has followed-up with me several times to find out how things are going. I will buy from them again.

So, to all of my Dodge Ram owning brethern with issues, I apologize. I have no issues. I cannot feel your pain; real or imagined. I am happy. I love my rig. My rig is more than I expected and the quality is fantastic.

If I do happen to run into a problem or have an issue I will certainly post up and let you know. Otherwise I will just sit back and lurk. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2463
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's is nice to see that I am not alone as I too have zero complaints and agree 100% with your overall assessment ( and I'm at 21,000 kms ).
Old 11-27-2011, 11:03 PM
erm

I am more than happy with mine too. A couple of small items, which my dealer and my favorite Les Schwab store took care of, but that's all.

What part of Oregon are you in?
Old 11-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Pick Me....Pick Me...!! I'm #4.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 11-27-2011, 11:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 4x4 SLT
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Rep:16
TerrysRam is on a distinguished road

In love with everything about mine too! Simply the best vehicle I've ever owned. I can't imagine wanting any other vehicle.
Rain-X Latitude wipers; Custom bent Magnaflow catback; Volant CAI - with ram air tubing; EGR Vent visors; Line-X; driving lights behind the grill; Silverstar fog lamps; Silverstar Ultra head lamps; WeatherTech mud flaps; American Tonneau Company tri-fold tonneau; Diablo Sport inTune I-1000 DCX
Old 11-28-2011, 12:56 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:177
Stangshcky12 has a spectacular aura aboutStangshcky12 has a spectacular aura about

It's not to often that you hear about peoples good experiences
Old 11-28-2011, 05:21 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:54
Stagman will become famous soon enough

Welcome. Same Here. 0 Issues! 8K miles, 90 days.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:40 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:87
united316 will become famous soon enough

only issue i had was a locked up fan clutch but that could happen to any vehicle. I AM SO HAPPY with my TRUCK..

I just don't think that the wife appreciates "HOME-WRECKER" as much as I do I think she is jealous the truck gets more love.
2011 SLT Crew Cab 4x2, 4.7, 3.55 gears, TruXedo TruXport Soft Roll-Up Dual Latch Tonneau, Westin Black Platinum series oval step bars, Aeroskin Hood Protector, Ventvisors In-channel smoke , Husky Liners Front ard Rear Mud Guards, K&N drop in air filter.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:49 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

glad you've found a great truck. It tends to be a love at first sight type of thing with these trucks. Dodge (I can never get myself to refer to the brand as Ram) did it right when they redesigned 'em for the 4th, and they've only improved on it from there.

one other thing....

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 11-28-2011, 07:55 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:20
HeyBrownDog is on a distinguished road

Great post....good to hear one of these Ram put together correctly!!! I too love mine....and still do. A little worried about the torque converter issue, but I also feel empowered thanks to this forum which gives me to the knowledge to deal with this without yanking my hair out with a dealer to fix it properly.

The folks at Ram have really hit on something with this truck which I believe looks better, rides better, and maybe even performs better. I think if they started concentrating on quality control better, customer satisfaction would be skyrocket in correlation to company profits. Rather than worrying about that next sale, why don't you concentrate on keeping the loyal Ram buyers that you have, and keep us coming back for more.

Thanks for sharing your story of trouble free miles....gives the rest of us a little hope.