DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Mines on 7months and still going
Old 12-02-2011, 05:04 PM

Vehicle: 2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Trim Level: st
Color: deep water blue pearl coat
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:14
daggertats is on a distinguished road

hey bee 1971 right before i seen this post i sent ram trucks an email. am hoping for the same results as you wonder how many complaints sirius has against them nationwide?
Old 12-02-2011, 05:27 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram CC Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
rick980 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattlePete View Post
You may have a different experience, as you as north of the border....

Here's how to bypass the crap, and talk to a US based rep:

call the corporate office at- 212-584-5100
Ask for customer care- if you get the "mailbox is full" recording, be patient and you should be able to press *0 to get to a live person.
Tell then what you need, and it'll be handled professionally and courteously.

The rep I talked to, Deborah, is at extension 363. Good luck!
I don't have it anymore, wasn't using it but when I did have any issues with it or adding and subtracting vehicles changing radios in vehicles...they always waived the fee for transferring, they were very good. The first time I call I called the US customer service and wow they were like when they found I was Canadian...oh we can't help you you will have to find the Canadian number and call them. They wouldn't even give me the number. Good luck to those in the US. I hear if you want internet Sirius and have an account in your car you have to pay? We get that free or we used to in Canada haven't had it for over a year so I am not sure.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:12 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brilliant Black
EODtruck is on a distinguished road

Had mine for 5 months and the suscription cut out, I am getting it at home on my ipod though. My head unit was replaced due to screen issues, so hopefully that is the reason why it cut out. I just have to figure out where the ESN/SID number is on the radio. Hoopefully this will be rectified this weekend!
Old 12-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

most radios will have some numbers come up when you press

MENU & i think SET UP

mine came up
SIRIUS *****************
TRAFFIC ****************

then the number to call to activate

I know somewhere i saw the ESN/SID, some where try this first
http://www.siriusxm.com/chrysler/bac...ds/REN_RER.pdf

or else try this

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How do I access my 12-digit ESN/SID Number?
A: With the ignition switch in the ACCESSORY position and the radio OFF, press the Tape Eject or CD Eject (depending on the radio type) and Time buttons simultaneously for four seconds. The radio will display all twelve (or four of the twelve) digits at one time. If only four digits are displayed press the SEEK UP button to display the next four digits. Continue to press the SEEK UP button until all twelve ESN/SID digits have been displayed.

or

ESN/SID Access
With the ignition switch in the ON/RUN or ACCESSORY
position and the radio ON, press the SETUP button and
scroll using the TUNE control knob until Sirius ID is
selected. Press the TUNE control knob and the Sirius ID
number will display. The Sirius ID number display will
time out in 2 minutes. Press any button on the radio to
exit this screen

also if the dealership replaced the radio & it was purchased through them
the radios ID is attached to the dealership's files & your VIN #

When i had to change out my Internet Uconnect Web device because it was bad, i did the change out myself, but the dealership where i was at did the paper work, so that i could have internet in my RAM, it is called AUTONET. I spent quite a while on the phone getting it set up

I hope you get it worked out
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 12-03-2011, 09:40 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:20
HeyBrownDog is on a distinguished road

Another thread I can relate to....Sirius/XM customer service by far is the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. I've wasted more time talking to these clowns that I've canceled it on more than one occasions. Problems seem to occur when they "free trial" period expires or god forbid you have two different radios. Another problem I've seen is if you have a Sirius account and a XM account. They claim they are two different companies so you have to have two different accounts for billing purpose so they can milk you out of even more money per unit rather than getting the multi-unit account discount.

At one point, I couldn't access my account via internet radio and had so many problems with the account that I blew up on representative because he couldn't speak English!!!!!!! Like...what's wrong with these companies that they can't hire some folks who can relate to me...the paying customer?? I finally demanded to speak with someone I can understand. By the time they transferred me, I was so irate that I wanted to cancel my account on my Traverse and my Corvette with XM. The young girl (sounded young) was so flustered I could hear it in her voice shaking that I quickly apologized to hear, and reassured that this wasn't her fault. I again reassured her to take her time, and that I would calm down. As a result, she canceled everything, and completely rebuilt the account for a free 6 month trial to keep me as customer. It's not about the cost, it's about the hassle of dealing with these clown. Ultimately, I'll let it expire and go without. Corvette isn't on the road that long, and I'd rather go without this great product that deal with these clowns.

In three months when the Sirius gets screwed up, I think I'll take the Ramtrucks.com suggestion as I'm not wasting any more time with customer care. Again, great product.....terrible customer service...
Old 12-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram - 1971 Superbee
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab 4X4
Color: Deep Water
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:18
bee1971 is on a distinguished road

The first few times i did this over the phone - At least these guy/girls at Ramtrucks speak english / Answer the phone / Understand what the hell is going on / Work For You !!!! Answer your emails withing 24 hours - So far Ramtrucks.com has been AWESOME - Even getting my Build Sheet thru Email and explaining the Luxury Group Options

Anyways

November 16th

Dear Scott:

Thank you for contacting the Ram Customer Assistance Center in regards
to your 2011 Dodge Ram Sport 4X4 1500 Quad Cab Pickup.

I have contacted Sirius and your radio should be on channel 1 or 184 and
your antenna needs a clear view of the sky so they can send you the
signal for the radio. Your subscription has been extended till November
of next year for the inconvenience. Your Sirius Satellite Radio Account
number is xxxxxxxxxxx. They stated if you have issues receiving the
signal to call back with your account number and they will assist you.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Sabrina

Customer Service Representative
Ram Customer Assistance Center

For any future communications related to this email, please refer to the
following information:
REFERENCE NUMBER: xxxxxxx
EMAIL CASE NUMBER: xxxxxxxx
REPLY LINK: xxxxxxxxx

Bottom Line - Any more issues , Ramtrucks can take care of it. Why should i have to waste any of my time/frustration dealing with these morons at Sirius

Last edited by bee1971; 12-03-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:07 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
Trim Level: Laramie Quad Cab
Color: Bright Silver - PS2
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
CBR Dude is on a distinguished road

The 1 year FREE only applies to the original owner!! Any owners after that get the 3 months. You can add the traffic and other stuff for the month, quarter or year, but they won't let you extend the 3 month period until it expires. You can't even upgrade to the premier pkg until the 3 months expire.

I tried to change the 3 months into the quarterly and was willing to pay for it. I tried on three seperate times and got the solid no. My traffic which I added and paid for in advance did not work and it took another three times to get that done.

You can't fix stupid! You can tell they read from a canned script! any they wonder why people don't renew!
Old 12-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn Quad Cab
Color: Saddle Brown
dpeterso is on a distinguished road

My subscription ran out in 3 months as well; it was supposed to be a year. Of course I call Sirius, get the call center in India that cannot think for themselves. Just what the computer tells them to say.
They re-instated my subscription supposedly but it's still not working and its been about an hour. I'm getting frustrated and I'm about to get on ramtrucks.com to have them take care of it.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 3500 DRW Crew Cab RAM
Trim Level: Farmers Package
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:28
x96mnn is on a distinguished road

Two items here to point out and it may not be the case but what I ran into with my truck. Dodge does advertise a full year of service but what they do not tell you is the radio actually comes with a 15 month subscription. Dodge activates the radio before it leaves the factory giving the dealer 3 months to move the truck before the 12 month subscription starts to dwindle. My dealer was up front about this but I actually got 13 months out of it as I bought the truck off the lot shortly after it arrived.

I too was going to wait for Sirius to call me and look for my business back but after 3 weeks I called them, did the 3yr term. I later found out from a friend who works for sirius that I may have waited a long time for a call as i would not have been on a retention list. I never paid for Sirius in the past and had a free member ship in which Sirius who had not made any money off me yet would not spend anymore to get my business.