DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 SLT CC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:24
SeattlePete is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EODtruck View Post
Had mine for 5 months and the suscription cut out, I am getting it at home on my ipod though. My head unit was replaced due to screen issues, so hopefully that is the reason why it cut out. I just have to figure out where the ESN/SID number is on the radio. Hoopefully this will be rectified this weekend!
Channel 1 will give you the Sirius radio ID #.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR Dude View Post
The 1 year FREE only applies to the original owner!! Any owners after that get the 3 months. You can add the traffic and other stuff for the month, quarter or year, but they won't let you extend the 3 month period until it expires. You can't even upgrade to the premier pkg until the 3 months expire.

I tried to change the 3 months into the quarterly and was willing to pay for it. I tried on three seperate times and got the solid no. My traffic which I added and paid for in advance did not work and it took another three times to get that done.

You can't fix stupid! You can tell they read from a canned script! any they wonder why people don't renew!
Not so- the 1 year as noted on the window sticker is 1 year from the in service date- that is the date the truck is reported as sold and registered, as well as the start of the warranty. If they tell you anything else, push until you get what you paid for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeterso View Post
My subscription ran out in 3 months as well; it was supposed to be a year. Of course I call Sirius, get the call center in India that cannot think for themselves. Just what the computer tells them to say.
They re-instated my subscription supposedly but it's still not working and its been about an hour. I'm getting frustrated and I'm about to get on ramtrucks.com to have them take care of it.
Call the number as I detailed in post #6 in this thread- make sure you have your radio ESN and vehicle ID number. You should be able to get your problem resolved in about 10 minutes.
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2011, 01:04 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Dk Cherry Red
Rep:14
dkerr24 is on a distinguished road

I've never had Sirius before the purchase of my new truck, and frankly am completely unimpressed. The biggest thing I immediately noticed is the sub-par audio performance of satellite radio versus FM or my mp3 music. Sirius sounds highly compressed with a very narrow frequency range.

To me, the music selection is heavily slanted towards the younger generation, with mostly rap and hip-hop stations. I think I'll stick with my 32gb USB flash drive loaded with my own preferences of music.

After my free year expires, I won't pay for it.

Darin
Old 12-06-2011, 02:14 PM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 4x4 QC
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:10
spuds is on a distinguished road

Bottom line is if you think the service sucks - ditch it. No law makes you stay with it.
IMHO satellite radio rocks,been there for going on twelve year and have no intention of leaving.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:29 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:20
HeyBrownDog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkerr24 View Post
The biggest thing I immediately noticed is the sub-par audio performance of satellite radio versus FM or my mp3 music. Sirius sounds highly compressed with a very narrow frequency range.

After my free year expires, I won't pay for it.

Darin
Have to agree with you on the sound quality, but what I like about it is the lack of commercials. Regular terrestrial radio reception isn't all that great in this truck to much of my disappointment. Granted, I had a higher end Alpine head-unit in my last truck, but even my wife's Cheby Traverse does better than this one. Because of this, if Sirius doesn't screw up my account before the trial, and I don't have to deal with those imbeciles they call customer service, I'll pony up the money.

Besides, I like the talk radio stuff like Howard, ESPN, and even the comedy stuff just to break up once and while. The idea of paying for radio does seem kinda silly, but I also think they have a better product. Not quality of sound, but better programming and did I mention no commercials?
Old 12-06-2011, 03:53 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM SLT REG. CABX2
Color: CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:61
RammD will become famous soon enough

I hate to go against the grain here but I purchased a Lifetime sirius plan back in 2005 and have had nothing but great things to say about Sirius. I drove across country TWICE and lost signal once for a few seconds around Denver, Colorado. I've transferred my lifetime subscription a few times over the years, including to my 2010 Ram and even though there is a $75 transfer fee written clearly in the contract, they still waived it for me when I called in. I've never spent more then a few minutes with them on the phone and have always been treated with courtesy. My subscription did last a full year and the day it went out is when I went ahead and called in to transfer my LIFETIME plan. NO hassle, no issues, no problems. I also love the fact that the music isn't edited, there are no commercials and there are a lot of stations that are unique and cool. All in all, I give Sirius 9 stars out of 10...the only reason I don't give them 10 of 10 is because the bandwidth isn't all that great on most of the stations so it isn't exactly CD quality but it's good enough for me.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

In my area you lose AM/FM reception about 50 miles out of town, only Spanish radio channels come in.
I tried CDs, but i so dislike the same song playing twice in 12 hours & i am not about to change out CDs while driving & i only stop for gas every 400 to 500 miles.
I am grateful that there is XM or Sirius & i have not had any issue with either company, i believe XM is better than Sirius, but XM does NOT have NasCar unless you get the premium package & i am sort of a tight wad
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 12-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Hemi Sport quad cab
Color: Silver
Rep:15
Hemiram2011 is on a distinguished road

Sirius/xm cancel on my two times since ive had my truck back in july....they also told me to take it up with my dealer...thanks guys ill be calling the corporate number that was previously posted
Old 12-27-2011, 05:56 PM

Vehicle: 2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Trim Level: st
Color: deep water blue pearl coat
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:14
daggertats is on a distinguished road

update on my situation with sirius.i sent an email to dodge customer care right around the time this theread was started. i heard back from them and they wanted more info ect. i gave them what they needed but sorta just let it ride as i was sick of dealin with it. today in the mail i had a letter from sirius saying as of jan 1st i wouldnt have service so i called the new york corp # that seattle pete had in his thread. i pushed the 0 button twice after they said if you know partys extention and got a live person... adam. i explaained what had happened and in about 10 minutes if that my subscription starts today and will end in one yr from today so i got about an extra 3 months. thanks to all who offered the advice in this thread. you were all a big help
Old 12-27-2011, 06:58 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Rep:11
Scoooter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattlePete View Post
I was still hot at SIRIUS, so you know what I did? I billed them for my time: smileup:

I sent them a invoice that detailed the hours I spent in frustration with their Listener Care department, trying to get Listener care to accomplish what their US based rep Deborah got done in 9 minutes. The invoice and supporting data was also emailed to Customer Care and the executive staff.

Will let y'all know what comes of it......
I may have missed it in the thread but would love to know how this turned out LOL..
Old 12-27-2011, 07:13 PM

Vehicle: 2011 SLT CC 4x4
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:24
SeattlePete is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggertats View Post
update on my situation with sirius.i sent an email to dodge customer care right around the time this theread was started. i heard back from them and they wanted more info ect. i gave them what they needed but sorta just let it ride as i was sick of dealin with it. today in the mail i had a letter from sirius saying as of jan 1st i wouldnt have service so i called the new york corp # that seattle pete had in his thread. i pushed the 0 button twice after they said if you know partys extention and got a live person... adam. i explaained what had happened and in about 10 minutes if that my subscription starts today and will end in one yr from today so i got about an extra 3 months. thanks to all who offered the advice in this thread. you were all a big help
Glad to know my frustration was a help to you, and that you got proper service from Sirius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter View Post
I may have missed it in the thread but would love to know how this turned out LOL..
So far, they've denied paying my invoice of $2400- but I haven't given up yet. I did receive a credit of $112 so far.....more to follow