DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-13-2011, 11:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:47
GhostR1der is on a distinguished road

It is strip of sand paper type stuff that you stick on ladders and stair ledges.

Last edited by GhostR1der; 12-13-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2011, 11:42 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Gotcha, I know exactly what you're talking about, thanks.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:30 AM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Alright GhostR1der, for you:

(I know you probably just threw up a little...) LOL

I honestly don't think it's a bad looking gun, at least no worse than any other....am I missing something? Maybe I was dropped on my head as a child?

Old 12-15-2011, 07:01 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 RC/SB
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:398
Butter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really nice

I shot a c9 a while back, it was very accurate and didn't miss a lick....you can't beat it for $200.00! It is a little heavy and the sights were hard to see but well worth the money IMO. I plan on buying a Hi point .40 ($170.00 locally)to keep in my truck so if it gets stolen I won't be out too much....I would cry if someone stole the Glock!

2010 Ram 1500 reg cab swb 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 gears, Flowmaster 40 true duals, 2.5 leveling kit, Bridgestone Dueler 275/55/20 on KMC Skitch Wheels, DeeZee steps, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Weathertech Digital fit floor mats
Old 12-15-2011, 10:13 PM

I actually shot 43 rounds through it tonight! I love it!

First shots:

Last shots:

I wasn't very happy with my groupings lol but honestly it's me not the gun. First time I shot it and getting used to it and how it operates. I also only have the standard 8 round magazine, and my hand is a bit too big for it so I need to get the longer 10 round magazines for it as they extend the handle a bit. I also had to wait in line to shoot and then was rushing so I shot fast and could definitely have tried a little more lol, I was just excited to shoot "my own gun"!

For reference, here's a nice (in my eyes) grouping with my friend's .22 browning arms pistol, we were "competing" with each other and ironically ended up with exactly the same score:

Man it is easy to shoot a .22 lol!

I had one issue with the Hi Point, and it was me not the gun: After shooting the first magazine full of rounds I ejected the magazine, and then could not get the slide to release from the hold open position. I finally realized I just simply wasn't pulling the slide all the way back to let it release. It is more difficult to pull all the way back than my dad's glock so I just wasn't used to it. No problems at all after that.

I'm very happy with my purchase. The shop also showed me how to take it apart (wish I didn't ask as the guy was clumsy and wreckless). But it was OK, and I actually had to put it together as he couldn't do it. Anyway, it's not that bad at all to take apart, just need a punch and hammer, but IMO it's really easy. I can understand why people complain though, as there are guns out there that don't require any tools...

I must say, this gun is WELL worth the money. Obviously, it is apparent that it is not quite as good as my dad's glock, or others, but it seems to be reliable, it shoots, it is accurate, and has the warranty to boot.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:15 PM

^And those are all from roughly 20ft. I've shot probably 6 times now. Maybe 500ish rounds total at most.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:16 PM

Butter:

I've actually heard and read that the .40 and .45 are better than the .38 and 9mm.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:00 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:47
GhostR1der is on a distinguished road

Threw up a little LOL.

That pistol is odd looking for sure but if you like it then thats all that matters. If you want tO shoot good groups start off much closer than 20 feet. if will really show you how you can miss at 3 yards. Just work on the basics and speed will come to you. Trigger control is one of the most important things to wOrk on as it will cause you to pull your shots.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:08 AM

I just don't get it....it looks just like a glock IMO lol. Going shooting again tomorrow (and probably very often until Jan 12th) as I get free range time for the 30 days after purchase. I appreciate your tips. Will shoot closer tomorrow. This gun isn't for everyone (for example: real enthusiasts, concealed carry, or women as it's hard to pull the slide honestly, it takes most of my strength, but I did notice it loosened up a bit in just 43 rounds), but it is a decent gun IMO not that I'm an expert. I guess my conclusion is that it certainly isn't a POS and will take your hand off the first time you pull the trigger like many claim.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:11 AM

Oh and I don't know if you realized or not but those targets are regular sheets of copy paper (8.5 x 11), not full size targets, so the spread isn't nearly as bad as it seems...