DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Help cure Paulzheimer's

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1761
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Do you have any country music CD's you can use for target practice?

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name
Sponsored links
Old 04-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

No but I could probably take out my whole library of music with one shot since it's all on my phone. Well let's say 3 or 4 shots....I've got a shaky arm lol

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:18 AM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I think I'm going to be buying a shotgun for shooting discs soon, and I'd also like to get the new Ruger LCR .22 for if I were to ever actually carry a gun. I like this hi point but I don't think I'd carry it, it's too heavy and bulky, it's a good gun to shoot though.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram SXT 4x4 Std Cab
Trim Level: SXT
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
JDice68 is on a distinguished road

I had the 9mm Hi-Point handgun several years ago. I bought it brand new for 100 bucks. I could barely get through a magazine without a jam. Who knows, maybe I just got a bad one. Either way, I sold it for what I had in it. As far as the carbine model, my brother bought one at a gun show in Knoxville two years ago. We took it to the range and went through about 300 rounds without a single jam! Shot straight as an arrow too. I was very impressed with the carbine, not so much with the handgun. Both were chambered in 9mm.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:23 AM

From what I researched their magazines suck. Like I said, I haven't had a single issue in about 600 or 700 rounds with the standard 8 round magazine. Both 10 round magazines I tried jam about ever 3 rounds. If I go back to the standard magazine no jams. Then go to the 10 round magazines and jamb, jamb, jamb...

I found some videos on how to close the top of the magazines some to tighten the feed up, I think I'll try it out. I did notice on the 10 round magazines that are jambing they are "loose" and on the 8 round magazine that hasn't had a single jamb it is "tight".

Old 04-22-2012, 12:33 AM

Found this on a google search:

"When the feed lips are spread too far apart at their forward edges, the cartridge nose will rise too high, resulting in a "cocked" round caught vertically between slide and breech. This may be corrected by squeezing the feed lips closer together at the front. In a well-worn magazine, the lips may be too weak to stay in the proper position and the magazine must be discarded."

This is exactly what was happening. The new magazines are "loose" at the feed lips, and the rounds were getting jambed in a near vertical position in the gun, with the bullet facing the sky. I think this is the issue. Should be very easy to fix.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:44 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Never had a single jam with my S&W 29's
Revolvers seem to be pretty good that way. LOL

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 04-22-2012, 11:21 AM

Yeah revolvers are sweet. I really like that new LCR .22

Old 05-26-2012, 11:37 PM

I shot again and no problems. The first thing I did was use needle nose pliers to tighten the feed lips on the magazines, then about 150 rounds without any issues. I was glad that was all it was.

I also had the oppurtunity to shoot a 223 rifle(think it was a ruger? maybe remington...). No scope and we were shooting 50 and 100 yards accurately. Also shot 200 yards but that was tough, we were hardly hitting the taget (8x11 sheet of paper). At that distance with no scope the paper was basically a dot.

Then I even had the oppurtunity to shoot my dads gun 600 yards. Can't remember what it is but it's a remington police sniper rifle, with a bipod and I think a "niteshade" scope. Pretty awesome optics. He said the scope was like $3,000. We shot 600 yards and were shooting round after round in a tight group about like the size of an apple. My dad of course set the gun up, we just aimed and shot. Oh and he has an 8 oz trigger.....just think about shooting and it goes off lol.

I'm glad my gun is still shooting great, and it was just an adjustment to the magazine to correct the jam issue. I really had fun shooting 100 yds without scope accurately, and even more fun shooting 600 yds. What an awesome gun that is. I felt like Mark Whalberg in "shooter" lol.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:10 AM
Help cure Paulzheimer's

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1761
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Note to self...restraining order must state 610 yards.

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name