DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST w/SLT badge?
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
NickT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatmedic313 View Post
I don't have the factory keyless entry. Only the electric locks.
Check out this post. Just got mine installed and didnt have factory remote keyless entry. Now I have Remote Keyless Entry and remote start. Was expensive though. Almost $500 to have dealership do it all.
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Combatmedic313 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickT View Post
Check out this post. Just got mine installed and didnt have factory remote keyless entry. Now I have Remote Keyless Entry and remote start. Was expensive though. Almost $500 to have dealership do it all.
PM sent NickT. Please give all the details on how you got the dealer to do a factory keyless install.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
harleypop is on a distinguished road

Just joined this forum and found this thread, I own a 2012 Ram Express RegCab with "Power Nothing" also. I did a lot of research and found a company that makes kits for Power Windows and also Keyless entry kits, the good thing is that the kits are not vehicle specific and can be adapted for different vehicles. (Wanted to help others in my situation that may be contemplating converting to Power Windows and Power Door Locks as this will give you another option to consider).

Power Door Lock Conversion Kit: AutoLoc CA2000 (2 Door Lock Kit with Alarm) bought mine in Jan for $125 (includes shipping) from Amazon.

Power Window Conversion Kit: AutoLoc PW4650 (2Door Universal Curved Windows with 3 illuminated LED switches) bought mine in Jan for $225 (includes shipping) from Summit.

The power windows are very easy to put in, the kit uses screw drives that goes over the factory manual gear. You just have to make sure wherever you mount the screw drive clears the plastic door panels. (Look at You Tube videos, it will give you an idea how to mount).

The power door locks, you will have to extend the wiring harness on the driver's side because it comes up short. (You will need to extend about 1 1/2', takes about 5-10 min).

Note: if you plan on doing the power windows and doors i would suggest on doing it at the same time because of having to run the wiring harness through both doors. For me it was easier running the wiring harness for both at the same time.

If you need any more information on my install feel free to contact me.

Also if anyone has or is considering iPad install let me know of any ideas, currently I am looking at using my 3 front cup holders to hold it. (I am using a bluetooth ODB2 to monitor my engine with the iPad, it works with the iPhone but I need the larger screen because it's easier to see).