DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-27-2015, 11:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram 1500 sport
Trim Level: sport
Color: red
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
pipo87 is on a distinguished road
Default Tranny problem!!!!!!

i got 2011 dodge ram 1500 whit 108xxxkm and week a go tranny just stop working now my computer give my those code

po944 loss of hydraulic pump prime
po734 gear ratio error in 4th
po871 od pressure switch rationality
po868 line pressure low

i need help i dont no i need to send my tranny to rebuilt or is just sensor or neutral swich ****
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2015, 10:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:365
TransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really nice

Sounds like you have lost all your line pressure (judging from the P0868 and P0944 codes).

1) Check the fluid level (idling in Park). Is it OK, or is it low? If low, fill it up. If HIGH (or OK), go to step 2.

2) If fluid level is good (or reads too high), then next most likely problem is a filter issue. Drop the trans oil pan and inspect both filters. Make sure the spin-on filter is snug (not loose, or laying in the pan). Do not overtighten it, just snug it up by hand like you would a spin-on engine oil filter. Check that the snout of the main (flat) filter is pushed up THROUGH the seal in the pump housing (not just resting against it). Check that the top of the filter is not cracked (look at the base of the snout), and that it is not split open along the side seam. Check that the filter seal (in the pump) is correctly installed. The metal flange on the seal should be FLUSH against the pump casting all the way around (not tilted in the bore). It is easiest to inspect this when the spin-on filter has been removed.

Also, check for clutch debris in the pan, and "metallic mud" on the pan magnet, while you have the pan off.

3) If the filters are all OK, and the fluid level is OK, then you likely have either a stuck main regulator valve (inside the pump), or a broken input shaft, stripped input clutch hub, failed torque converter, broken flexplate, etc. (all of which will require trans removal to inspect / repair). I would have it towed to whatever shop will do the work, and then have them check it with a scan tool (read the line pressure, turbine speed, and output speed with engine running and trans in Drive) to help determine (in advance) where the problem is.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:17 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:657
huntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to behold

is there line pressure sensor that can cause these issues?
Old 03-29-2015, 08:39 AM

TransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
is there line pressure sensor that can cause these issues?
P0868 - Yes, a bad LP sensor could cause this fault

P0944, P0871, P0734 - No, a bad LP sensor would NOT cause these faults.

This combination of faults (together with the fact that apparently the truck won't move) points to an actual loss of line pressure.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:00 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Trx4
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: INFERNO RED/GRAY
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
seppie10 is on a distinguished road

Your very knowledge able transengineer. That's just crazy how you soak up all your knowledge and spit it out to make sense of it for all of us! Thank you
Old 03-30-2015, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seppie10 View Post
Your very knowledge able transengineer. That's just crazy how you soak up all your knowledge and spit it out to make sense of it for all of us! Thank you
The Bible says, "...knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth." (Proverbs 14:6)

Even complicated things like transmissions can be simple if you understand the basic concepts and functions. I find that if you explain things so that people can visualize / grasp them (which is what I try to do), then even the non-rocket-scientists among us can understand!

Thanks for your kind words. I am blessed when I'm able to help others.

Last edited by TransEngineer; 03-30-2015 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Ooopsie corrected
Old 03-30-2015, 09:40 AM

huntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to behold

tks trans, obviously, i am one of the none rocket scientist type. lol
Old 03-30-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
tks trans, obviously, i am one of the none rocket scientist type. lol
I think we ALL are the non-rocket-scientist type! I can't figure this stuff out, either, unless I get a clear enough picture in my mind to understand it.

Years ago, someone tried to explain to me the "tabular method" for calculating ratios, speeds, and torques of planetary geartrain components. I never could figure it out - it never made any logical sense to me. To this day, I STILL can't figure it out!! But I found another method, called the "lever analogy," that is simple enough to make sense even to me. I can UNDERSTAND the lever analogy, so now I use that method for geartrain analysis (and have for decades).

Anything is easy to learn, if you understand it. Similarly, it is difficult or impossible to learn something, if you don't understand it. So the key to learning is not how smart the student is... it is whether the teacher can explain things in such a way that the student understands it.

Lecturers who try to impress their audience with their knowledge (by speaking in unexplained technical terms that no one understands) are wasting everyone's time.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:38 PM

einstein "if you cant explain it simply, you dont understand it well".