DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 4.7L PowerTech V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: base
Color: white
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
xdf is on a distinguished road
Unhappy 03 4.7 v8 engine light flashing and runing rough

Hi guys I'm new here. I just had my engine light on recently and it first came up with p0344 I replaced the camshaft sensor. The light was gone for a while and drives fine . about a week later, it came back and the truck drives rough feels no power and something like a missfire. I scanned it again it came up p0344p0300. Then I rearched on line , they say you should replace the crankshaft sensor also when you replace the camshaft sensor. so I did, but didnt change anything now the truck still runs weak with really low power also there's some knocking noise from the uper passenger side of the engine, also a new code came p0172 bank 1 too rich. I have no idea about what to do with my truck now . just bought it for 2 month. engine has 170k+ miles. is there any thing I can do to fix it or I have to send it to a garage? or the engine is about to dead, I should looking for a new engine? please help me . thank you guys!
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: RED
dodge032001 is on a distinguished road

The misfire could mean a ignition coil is going out or the spark plug may need changing,thats if they have never been changed, If you do change plug use what the factory put in it, make sure to gap them,also pull out your mass air flow sensor and clean it with mass air flow sensor cleaner,change your pcv valve also.That knocking may mean that one of the cylinders is not firing that would cause the to rich code if that does not help its time for o2 sensors.Hope this helps Good luck
Old 12-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: base
Color: white
xdf is on a distinguished road

I did the plugs and 3 of the coil about 1000 miles ago. also just clean the mass air flow sensor .I'll try the pcv valve. But do you have any idea about the camshaft position sensor ? I put another new one one just in case it was a factory defact. But the light still on . Also I wonder is there any relation between p0344 and the p0172 or they are just 2 seprate problem? thank you for your help