DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-06-2012, 05:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:69
jacksonsnorth will become famous soon enough
Default Update: This sucks!

SO we went to camp and everything went well thursday thru Sat unti I went into town for an ice run. Father in Law was out for weekend so left him with the wife and kida and took the drive. Remeber, I an thinking it is fixed, I am jammin the new Flo Rida CD, windows down loving life, cold Diet Coke, get to town run to Shop n Save and grab ice and grub. I come out and run into my FiL's girlfriend and shes on her way to church meeting, we chat, Ioad my stuff and jump in the truck, turn the key, Click!. turn the key Click! same for half dozen times, so now I am pissed. I get right on the phone at 4:58 and call my dealership to speak to someone and noone answers. They are closed I guess. So, I sit there and try it a dozen more times and finally it fires up. I head back to camp. So my FiL is headed out Sunday so we have to cut our trip short by 3 days. I am not happy. I will be calling the dealership this morning and it is time to get a replacement. That is the only thing I will accept now. What would you do?
This will be the 6th time that it has been in the shop for the same thing that they cannot diagnose!
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 4x4
Rep:10
Audacious is on a distinguished road

Had the same starter problem happen to me today. Went to leave class got in my truck turned the key all my lights and radio came on and then "click" and nothing. Tried to again "click" and nothing again. On the third time it finally started. If it happens again I'm going to the dealer and just telling them straight out to replace my TIPN. If it happens again after I will give them a chance. If it comes to a third time I'm lemon lawing that bitch.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 1500 sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:92
burtonxrider21 will become famous soon enough

I just bought my 2012 1500 Sport about a month ago and have around 1700 kms on it so far and have encountered most of the problems listed in the previous posts... Here are the problems I have found so far.

- Both front leather seats stretched/loose
- Larger gap between the front left headlight and bumper
- I removed the headlights to change out the weak bulbs and found the paint flaking off of the front bumper
- Sluggish off the line with a vibration and groaning noise
- Groaning/grinding noise when turning from a stop
- Clunking when going over what I would consider a fairly small bump/crack in the road

Those are the issues that I have experienced so far... I will bring it up when I take it in for its first service and see what they have to say about it...

Also... While I'm on here posting... Could someone explain to me how the +/- feature for the transmission works or what you should do with it? I tried reading about it in the manual, but I found it pretty vague!

Thanks! Hopefully all of these problems are nothing too serious and they come good for any repairs required!

Last edited by burtonxrider21; 10-19-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:25 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Color: maximum steel
Rep:13
1ofakind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathk2003 View Post
Just turned 5000 miles on my 2012 completely loaded Ram Crew Cab 4x4. Absolutely zero issues. Thought i had an issue with the little thunk after coming to a complete stop but shut off the hill start assist and it went away. I have since turned it back on and understand that is just a by product of the feature. Hope your luck turns around on yours!!
So that's what that is!!! My truck does this every time I stop and I was thinking of bringing it in but good thing I found this! Thanks haha
Old 10-19-2012, 02:31 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4362
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

9000 klm, only issue I have is the Clock spring in the steering, just don't have time to go get it replaced, and it seems to be making less noise now, And for the buttons not working sometimes, i just move the steering a bit and they work. Apart from that nothing else up to date.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Sport Crew Cab
Color: Flame Red
Rep:14
RamRodSport is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinwi View Post
Issues for mine with 950 miles: right rear turn signal randomly wouldn't work, part of inside tailgate not panted completely, sand in the paint in several spots, and drivers seat leather stretched already.
"drivers seat leather stretched already"....
Mine was like that with "0" miles, it's going in tomorrow for new leather seat cover on the driver side, pass looks ok but I’ll see how it looks in 6 months.
Just looks lumpy and loose with pockets of bumps.... that about the only way I can describe it....lol
Previous RAMs:
Red 2002 4x2 Quad Cab Sport in Flame Red, 1996 4x4 Etended Cab Sport in Emerald Green Matalic
Other Car: 2009 Factory JCW MINI Cooper
Old 10-25-2012, 04:51 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Color: Silver
Rep:63
S.C. Express will become famous soon enough

For you guys with starting issues. There is an issue that the older guys with 2010 and 11 models have been fighting. I remember one guy with a 2012 had this issue, they replaced the starter solenoid and some kind of park/neutral safety switch in the transission. That fixed his starting issue. He went thru hell getting it fixed.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 ram crew cab big horn
Color: white
ogot2go is on a distinguished road
Default Why me

Please check your truck out for this. Drive on the freeway with your back windows down half way tell you still want this truck.please reply to me.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 ram crew cab big horn
Color: white
ogot2go is on a distinguished road

Drive your truck with back windows half way down and tell me you still want your truck.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
jettajam1 is on a distinguished road

Drove my new 2012 on the freeway with the back windows halfway down........I still love this truck.

I just lemon lawed my 2011 quadcab 3 weeks ago. 15 trips to the dealer in 9 months because of the torque converter groaning issue. The technicians actually rebuilt the rear diff, replaced the drive shaft, tuning weights and dampers in the exhaust system before they would listen to me about TC. When I gave them the TSB describing the TC issue, the service manager was like a deer caught in the headlights. I had her back for 9 days and all was well and then the starter stayed engaged and fragged on Mothers Day......I was going to buy a waffle iron (go figure). Anyway, all the harnessing torched and I had had just about enough. Now I have a beautiful 2012 crew cab and love everything about it.

No issues so far!!!!