DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1998 2005 2500 diesel 2012 5.7
Trim Level: XLT,XLT, ST
Color: white, blue, brown
Engine: 1996-1998 359ci (5.9L) Cummins 12-valve Diesel I6 215hp 440lb/ft(manual), 180hp 420lb/ft(auto)
Rep:10
Mike W. is on a distinguished road

Read all through this again and am almost afraid of posting anything (sound of me knocking on wood) but my 2500 crew cab has been mine for a few months and has almost 3600 miles on it and so far so good. But then again I don't use the auto headlights, USBs, phone connect or any of that stuff. I just put it in drive (and often 4x4) and go although I have had problems with the stupid stability control thingy getting me stuck. I do notice in the morning when it first starts it knocks a bit but that is a Dodge gasser, my last one did also. I have done paint and body work so I refuse to look for problems as I know they are there somewhere, carried a tool box most my life but these trucks are all plastic and computers so I just sit back and enjoy. As we used to say it 'runs like a raped ape' and I love it but I wish it could have had duals like the half tonners got.

Last edited by Mike W.; 01-01-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: SLT Luxury Group
Color: Deep Cherry
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
rotax rage is on a distinguished road
Default Pos

i stumbled upon this and I might aswell add my issues to the list I have a 2012 SLT with 30,000 kms after having trouble free Silverados for the last 8 yrs and I am severely disappointed with this truck to say the least.

1st issue: The passenger seat wouldnt move forward or backwards the day of purchase after 3 trips to the dealership they finally realized the was a dime in the seat track and charged 150 bucks to fix.

2nd issue: The Service Airbag light came on shortly after the repair of the seat apparently the mechanics forgot to unhook the sensor plug tore it apart when they removed the seat and neglected to mention it.

3rd issue: Truck was stalling periodically while idling at a stop had it in to the dealer 3 times 3 different dealerships in 3 provinces might I add and couldn't find the issue but that issue has since disappeared I THINK.

4th issue: While merging in traffic one evening the truck reduced power and wouldnt allow the engine to go over 1500 rpm or so (limp mode) with the check engine light, traction control, lightening bolt (powerstroke) light, service 4wd light illuminated tow number 1 they reflashed the computer and returned the truck. The following day approx 30 kms later it started again same ol shit, lights, etc tow number two. 11 days later with NO rental might i add it was returned to me with a new PCM which the dealer assured me was the end all be all. That lasted 12 days until I ended up in a drive through only to have it happend again tow number 3 2 days out of service this time to replace a knock sensor and ive had it back 18 days so far without a issue. Oh Shit almost forgot i unhooked my snowmobile trailer yesterday and pulled the guts out of my 4 pin trailer plug day 21 in the dealership next wednesday.

so overall if you havent noticed with the exception of power and comfort dodge has not been treating my very well. I go to bed at night dreaming of bowties.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotax rage View Post
i stumbled upon this and I might aswell add my issues to the list I have a 2012 SLT with 30,000 kms after having trouble free Silverados for the last 8 yrs and I am severely disappointed with this truck to say the least.

1st issue: The passenger seat wouldnt move forward or backwards the day of purchase after 3 trips to the dealership they finally realized the was a dime in the seat track and charged 150 bucks to fix.

2nd issue: The Service Airbag light came on shortly after the repair of the seat apparently the mechanics forgot to unhook the sensor plug tore it apart when they removed the seat and neglected to mention it.

3rd issue: Truck was stalling periodically while idling at a stop had it in to the dealer 3 times 3 different dealerships in 3 provinces might I add and couldn't find the issue but that issue has since disappeared I THINK.

4th issue: While merging in traffic one evening the truck reduced power and wouldnt allow the engine to go over 1500 rpm or so (limp mode) with the check engine light, traction control, lightening bolt (powerstroke) light, service 4wd light illuminated tow number 1 they reflashed the computer and returned the truck. The following day approx 30 kms later it started again same ol shit, lights, etc tow number two. 11 days later with NO rental might i add it was returned to me with a new PCM which the dealer assured me was the end all be all. That lasted 12 days until I ended up in a drive through only to have it happend again tow number 3 2 days out of service this time to replace a knock sensor and ive had it back 18 days so far without a issue. Oh Shit almost forgot i unhooked my snowmobile trailer yesterday and pulled the guts out of my 4 pin trailer plug day 21 in the dealership next wednesday.

so overall if you havent noticed with the exception of power and comfort dodge has not been treating my very well. I go to bed at night dreaming of bowties.
Sounds to me you just got a bad one, sorry to hear your getting all this, the dime, can't say much there, the dealers, yup, don't care for them so you got me there also., You can get a lemon in Porsche or a bently, shit happens, But to me sounds more like them silverado's put a curse on you and the ram might be feeling it. Might want to move back to GM Rotax Rage before she blows
Old 01-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 ram
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Sage
Pathman is on a distinguished road

3K miles on my 1500, the only issue is the subtle but dreaded "THUNK!" I will bet Mr. Bullit (I think that was his name) dinner that it ain't "fuel slosh."
Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:11
12RCRam is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Purchased my Brand new RCSB Express in July, 5,600 miles later not a single problem! It's so fun to drive that I'm gonna get a speeding ticket
Old 01-04-2013, 12:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram R/T
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Grey
NealC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton189 View Post
Mine only has 750 miles but I noticed a irritating creeking noise somewhere around the driver side radio bezel. This creeking/rattle comes and goes but it is worse when traveling at Hwy speed 65 MPH and when the cabin is warm.
I have the same issue.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Sport
Color: Tequila
Rep:28
jpatt49 is on a distinguished road

3 Weeks in and no issues so far. Love the truck. I will keep an eye for some of the issues you guys have brought up though.

No matter what car you drive, there will be issues with some of them. I have an Escalade as well, and that forum is full of people complaining about things. Same with every car/forum I have been a part of. The best thing about my Escalade is my dealer takes good care of me. Was in a few times for mysterious squeaks and rattles and they were taken care of quickly. And free CTS loaner as well whenever the repair or service will take more than an hour.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:04 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Rep:55
ramsport62 will become famous soon enough

Ah... The joys of Cadillac ownership. After driving them for 20+ years I really wish they built a truck.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:42 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsport62 View Post
Ah... The joys of Cadillac ownership. After driving them for 20+ years I really wish they built a truck.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
lcq1 is on a distinguished road

Well I am checking out this forum because I want to dump my 2012 Silverado that has less than 4200km. The driveline clunks like it is about to drop a u-joint, the fuel gauge has a mind of its own and I can't shift the manual transfer case into 4-hi at anything more than 60kph when it drops below -10C. The dealer says all this is normal with his usual dismissive sneer. Want to trade? I'm willing to drive from Ottawa to Newf and deliver it.

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotax rage View Post