DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
AaronR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORMENTOR View Post
If its the dash lights thats normal if you have auto headlights.. When you turn on your windshield wipers, your headlights automatically come on, most people have the dash lights set to a lower level when they have their headlights on at night...

That's why I love this forum, thanks for the info! I was worried that I had an electrical issue because the headlights would come on when I turned the wipers on and vice versa... didn't realize this was a feature Makes sense....

It's crazy that this is my first post since I joined, but I've found an answer to every question I've had just by reading other posts - thanks again guys, I can't tell you how helpful I've found this forum!!
Sponsored links
Old 05-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SPORT W/LEATHER
Color: Flame Red
DetFrankBullitt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathk2003 View Post
Just turned 5000 miles on my 2012 completely loaded Ram Crew Cab 4x4. Absolutely zero issues. Thought i had an issue with the little thunk after coming to a complete stop but shut off the hill start assist and it went away. I have since turned it back on and understand that is just a by product of the feature. Hope your luck turns around on yours!!
That THUNK is FUEL SLOSH! Happens at about 5/8 full to 1/2 full then gone! Dodge DID NOT PUT BAFFLES in fuel tanks! See my thead and replies this forum!
Old 05-13-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKenny View Post
Hey all, just registered here have been cruising for awhile. I haven't noticed many people posting problems with their 2012's yet so i figured i would start it off. They are minor electrical issues but still annoying for a vehicle with 2000Km's on it.

Hood says it was ajar and preventing me from remote starting was the first problem randomly happening, when i hadnt touched the hood.

Second thing is my back up sensors have stopped working saying that they are dirty, when in fact they are as clean as can be.

Third thing is my interior lights dim down when i turn my windshield wipers on.

And that is all i have for now, taking it to the dealer to ask about these when im back from work.
The only problem I have really is no BAFFLES in the fuel tank! I get THE THUNK at stop with 1/2 to 5/8s full! See thread and replies this forum! Thanks and good luck! BLAKE!

Last edited by DetFrankBullitt; 05-13-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Bright White
Jodiwon is on a distinguished road

I just got my 2012 Ram 1500 Express quad cab last Saturday and so far I've noticed the "idle bog" I just considered it part of the eco side effects plus it keeps me from using to much gas. I have also noticed an issue with the power locks that engage at a certain speed. At times they wouldn't engage up until 30 MPH, or I'd get to a stop sign and after I take off they engage. I'd rather disable the feature and do it myself but that's just me.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Big Horn/ QC
Trim Level: 1500 Big Horn QC
Color: white
C Jones is on a distinguished road
Default Hill Assist?

I wondered that my self and figured that it only came on when you set the parking brake and put the vehicle in Park.....my driveway is slanted fairly steeply. I think the term is confusing, but if you lived in San Francisco where they require you to set the P brake and curb your wheels, maybe it makes more sense. It never illuminates when you're moving, or when you turn on Towing and Hauling, only when it's been parked.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:53 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Rep:25
shadango is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetFrankBullitt View Post
The only problem I have really is no BAFFLES in the fuel tank! I get THE THUNK at stop with 1/2 to 5/8s full! See thread and replies this forum! Thanks and good luck! BLAKE!
I am not so sure that ALL the thunks people are feeling is fuel slosh.

I have read some of your posts about this with interest since I feel a thunk as well when coming to a stop.

However, if I gas hard or goose the throttle and then stop it doesnt do it. Seems to me that if it were fuel slosh it would do it then as well.

Maybe I have a different thunk than what you are describing?

It is one clean thunk, not multiples....and fuel slosh is usually one big one followed by a smaller one or two. At least what I have experienced over the years. Seems off that there is enough momentum in the fuel to make one big thunk but then nothing.

It doesn't bother me, but was curious.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:58 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Rep:25
shadango is on a distinguished road

So far my only issues have been minor and have taken the truck to the dealer about them:

- the fan control knob seemed loose to me...wiggly. Dealer replaced the whole 3-knob assembly and the knob feels about the same. Followed up with dealer, they said they made some calls and they were told "it is normal, in order to help minimize breakage of the control". Uh........ok. LOL I figure as long as it works, no problem....but......

- front bumper was warped/misaligned on delivery, so the gaps between it and the plastic upper fascia were all funky. Loosening the bolts did not allow for enough slop to fix. Dealer replaced front bumper shell. Looks good now, except that the driver's side trailing edge of the bumper no longer aligns with the arc of the wheel well like it does on the passenger side. They are going to look at it again for me. Minor, but annoying.

SO far, that's it...fingers crossed.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Laramie
Color: Black
Vanguard is on a distinguished road
Smile All is good here

Picked up my 2012 Laramie 10 days ago,have 600km on it and knock on wood not any issues. This is a great truck and hope you all get your concerns addressed
Old 05-14-2012, 05:58 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:143
Edokdyshi will become famous soon enoughEdokdyshi will become famous soon enough

3000 miles on my sport, only prob was the factory oil filter was leaking oil, did an oil change at 1000, no problems since.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadango View Post
I am not so sure that ALL the thunks people are feeling is fuel slosh.

I have read some of your posts about this with interest since I feel a thunk as well when coming to a stop.

However, if I gas hard or goose the throttle and then stop it doesnt do it. Seems to me that if it were fuel slosh it would do it then as well.

Maybe I have a different thunk than what you are describing?

It is one clean thunk, not multiples....and fuel slosh is usually one big one followed by a smaller one or two. At least what I have experienced over the years. Seems off that there is enough momentum in the fuel to make one big thunk but then nothing.

It doesn't bother me, but was curious.

You seem slightly confused. Let me clarify, I've never once said ALL THUNKS - ONLY THE ONES THAT OCCUR BETWEEN 3/4 AND 1/2 FULL, 32 gallon fuel tanks on 2012 Dodge Ram 1500's. So to clarify even further, if you are at 5/8 tank, and you come to a normal stop, and feel a thunk a few seconds after stopping - THAT'S FUEL SLOSH, which occurs because Dodge did not put baffles in their fuel tanks. Dodge has admitted to me that they have left the baffles out and that is what's causing the thunk. Now after you feel the thunk, go to the gas station and fill your tank. If the thunk is no longer there at stop, then what you have just experienced is FUEL SLOSH. So again, let me restate, there is absolutely no thunk until you get to 3/4 tank, and there's no thunk below 1/2 tank. Hence, we know it is FUEL SLOSH causing the thunk. Hope this helps. Thanks,
Blake