DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1984 Mercedes-Benz 500SE
Rep:10
VaiFanatic is on a distinguished road
Default Emergency Response Lights

I'm looking at resuming my work as a volunteer firefighter, and here in Texas we may outfit our POVs with emergency response lights when responding to emergencies when fully certified.

I don't have my truck yet, but I was curious to see if others in EMS/LE have added similar light setups to their trucks and would be curious to see photos of even videos of the setup just to get an idea.

Thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman 4x4 CC
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:90
Bushmaster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaiFanatic View Post
I'm looking at resuming my work as a volunteer firefighter, and here in Texas we may outfit our POVs with emergency response lights when responding to emergencies when fully certified.

I don't have my truck yet, but I was curious to see if others in EMS/LE have added similar light setups to their trucks and would be curious to see photos of even videos of the setup just to get an idea.

Thanks!

Try this link.

http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91

Public safety section.

I have in my POV Stingerz LED lights in my grille(x4) and 2 under my tailgate just above my bumper hooked up to a flasher and a Exteme Tactical Dynamics Quad dash light.

We aren't allowed to have as much lighting as you guys in the US.
Bakflip G2 tonneau cover, SunTek clear wrap complete front end, Trail FX wheel to wheel nerf bars, Huskyliner mudflaps, Weather Tech front floor mats, rear Recon mini lightbar,20% tint front door windows, 5% tint rear door/rear window, Smittybilt Lightbar with 10" Rigid LED lightbar
Old 06-02-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
Try this link.

http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91

Public safety section.

I have in my POV Stingerz LED lights in my grille(x4) and 2 under my tailgate just above my bumper hooked up to a flasher and a Exteme Tactical Dynamics Quad dash light.

We aren't allowed to have as much lighting as you guys in the US.
Ah perfect! I was under the impression I'd have to be an active member of that section to view/post there.

The amount of lights you may have likely varies here to from state to state, but I'm not entirely sure what differences there may be.

I do plan to return to Florida where I'd likely continue my volunteer service as a firefighter, so I'd want the setup to be legal in both states.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:41 PM

Mods, feel free to move this to the appropriate location if that would be better.

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2015, 06:20 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman 4x4 CC
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:90
Bushmaster will become famous soon enough

I know we can't run a siren up here in Ontario,Canada, that is reserved to emergency vehicles. The majority of volunteers just run a small Whelen TIR 8 light on the dash. I know I like to be seen and thats why I run a bit more to be seen. I have even had the police see me and clear the intersections for me.
There are resrtictions for us, as we are only seen and not heard. Sure wish we could run a siren.
Bakflip G2 tonneau cover, SunTek clear wrap complete front end, Trail FX wheel to wheel nerf bars, Huskyliner mudflaps, Weather Tech front floor mats, rear Recon mini lightbar,20% tint front door windows, 5% tint rear door/rear window, Smittybilt Lightbar with 10" Rigid LED lightbar
Old 06-03-2015, 09:50 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:120
Firemedic10584 will become famous soon enoughFiremedic10584 will become famous soon enough

do a google search for E Light Bars ...all one word. Join that forum as well. Nothing but Fire/EMS/LE discussions on warning lights and other topics related to public safety. They will get u on the right track. Also look into Feniex lighting. Very high quality lights, beyond bright and very affordable prices, especially for volunteer purposes.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:49 AM

Will do, thanks!

I've also got a '98 Durango that I'm looking at outfitting for my dad who's an actual Peace Officer here in Texas so he can work off-duty jobs that require a vehicle.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:27 PM

Well, I gave it a shot over there, and it wasn't well received. First and only response attempted to lecture me on buying lights (when in reality I was looking for suggestions) for a department whose policies I may or may not volunteer for (I know the local policies for the local departments and could easily phone a relative LEO in FL to get local information there too).

And then didn't even bother to address the rest of the post about the Durango which 100% good to go for getting lights installed.

I'm certain it's a great community, but that first response and the lack of even addressing my whole original post just totally turned me off.

Who'd have thought you need to know policies or not just to get people to show their builds! I'll just stick with our section here as we all have at least one thing in common, our love for Rams!

Saw a Constable F-150 which gave me a few ideas.

When I get the truck and get the ball rolling, I'll start a new thread in the right section.