DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Media Zone > Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos Post pictures of your Dodge Ram here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^ I'm diggin the colored chains! Never seen that before. I know a company that makes colored tires that'd look great on your bike!

To the OP, I had a gsf600 bandit and liked it, I bet the 1200 FLIES, especially being the newer model and likely fuel injected...

Sold it and bought this (Love it):

Sorry not pics with the truck.

It's an amazing ride, I don't think I'll ever get another bike.

I rented a heritage softail this weekend to ride all day with the wife and my brother and his wife (he rented the same bike....he has a sportster and victory in TN) and man I did not like the harley. Very uncomfortable and honestly just difficult to control, very ackward weight distribution. Also have ridden a friend's vrod (fast, but that's about all IMO...) and my dad's road king. I really don't see much great with harley, although I like the look of the sporty's (for a cruiser type bike).

Also, not to start a debate/fight/whatever lol but the vrod engine R&D started with Erik Buell, HD just took it out from under him then had porshe finish it . It started as being designed to go into the XB models (what I have) but HD took charge of development part way through and made the engine "too big, too heavy, too late, and too harley", according to Erik. They left him with the same sportster base (not a bad engine, but certainly not a high hp motor), and they pursued a turbo setup, but it fell through, and my bike is what came of it. A incredibly bike, with great torque, and "eh" hp. Enough for me, but will fall in last place on the track every time.

It's probably clear that I don't like HD but I like the sportster engine, it's very reliable and has decent power, and IMO sounds great. I also met a guy with a vrod that was turbocharged it was probably the fastes (straight line) bike I've seen, it was very impressive how fast it was.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2001
Trim Level: Sport
Color: white
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:33
RamSport2001 is on a distinguished road

IIRC Buell was the inspiration, but porsche perfected and finished the desgin of the Vrod engine. Harley then added the fisnishing touches and most importantly the scoops for the radiator of the liquid cooled egnine, which I found funny as it started out from cardboard box lol. If interested you could watch the "birth of the Vrod" which is on DVD.
I loved Buells, I had a 2003 Buell but eventually (slowly) got into the Harley
just because I like cruising and had outgrown the sport bike. ( I learned/started out on a ninja 600r)
Old 01-03-2012, 12:29 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

What buell did you have? Was it a tuber, I really like those! I honestly find my bike more comfortable than a cruiser. I can ride my XB all day without problem, but my dad's road king, my brother's sportster, and the heritage I just rented were uncomfortable. I got sore on all of them. I've also rented a few honda's and yamaha's (cruisers) and was always sore on them as well... My old bandit was pretty comfortable but not as much as the buell.

The only exception is if you throw a passenger on the back of my bike, then I'm sore in about 30 minutes....I don't know why they even put a rear seat on there lol.

Nothing against it if you like harley, they have certainly made a name for themselves, most either love or hate them, and I think since I like buell I'm caught in the middle, lol!

Old 01-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2001
Color: white
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:33
RamSport2001 is on a distinguished road

I understand, after all ride what you have and whatever you're comfortble with.
I had quite a few bikes, before my experience with Buell and Harleys. I had a 78 honda cb400 and 79 Cb750. Those were the bikes I learned on mechanically (took engine apart) and rode til I outgrew it. I also had a kawasaki ninja 600r, and a yamaha before I bought a Thumper (Buell 500) and a suzuki boulveard M50. I like the fact that Eric did an amazing job with the Buells and was sad that harley had to let the line go. If I did'nt get the Vrod I would've considered the XB9.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:08 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Tequila Sunrise
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:51
jrtz80 will become famous soon enough

I bought a 2012 Ram almost specifically for taking my bike to the track and to Tennessee. It's being built right now, I should have it about a week. A Tequila Sunrise crew cab Laramie. Some pics of my bike (2009 Kawasaki ZX10R LE) and what it does best...

Last edited by jrtz80; 07-04-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:51 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:23
Dodge Boy13 is on a distinguished road

well since theres no dirt bikes i figured id start:
my old bike 080 kx250f miss the hell outta it
08kx.jpg

my two currents
left:00 yz125 all stock love it
right:03 yz250 with some work
yz's.jpg
another of the 125
yz125.jpg
and my truck:
mytruck.jpg

nice bikes by the way!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500
Color: 1500
Rep:23
CanDan is on a distinguished road

Friends bikes and my truck at Cayuga Motorsports Park in Ontario.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:21 AM

Got a couple of the bike actually in the truck last week. 2,600 miles on the truck and 600 on the bike.

Gotta love short wheelbase bikes!

Old 07-05-2012, 09:36 AM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500
Trim Level: big horn
Color: black
Rep:14
blacknchromehemi is on a distinguished road

just bought my first bike and now it is for sale b/c my uncles won't stop giving me the shit for buying a suzuki and not a HD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trucknbike.jpg (79.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 07-05-2012, 09:44 AM

Don't sell it because others are pressuring you. If I had that attitude my buell would be sold 50 times over. Selling your bike to get a harley is only going to acknowledge that you think harley is a better bike(it's not).

Other than their engines, HD sucks. The engines are super reliable but everything is over priced, their bike's rattle apart, and the dealers and company in general is stuck up and of very little help. They perform poorly too, for the most part.

That's a cool bike, keep it, ride it while they are tightening all the loose bolts on theirs, then leave them in the dust on the road and ride proud!