DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
TNC is on a distinguished road

Man, on the surface here that just sounds wrong. The break is right at a clamped section, and they don't think the clamp caused the break?...on this new a truck? It might not even be worth debating if it was a small dollar fix, but c'mon...$1500? I'd be going up the ladder to get someone's attention on this...or...go to an outside shop and get them to fix the line. I wondered if there might be some stupid federal issue that says the manufacturer's dealership can't fix or repair a segment or component of an emissions system in some cases. I'd bet a nickel that it doesn't prohibit you or some other mechanic from actually repairing that line in a professional manner as long as it passes proper emissions testing and doesn't throw a code. And I wouldn't care if it wasn't permitted to "fix" that line. I'd fix it and run with it as long as it would pass emissions and not throw a code. How's anyone going to know? I mean, this repair sounds relatively simple from your description here, and yes, it might involve replacing or restyling that clamp, or rerouting the line. Still, if you have them fix it, what's to keep it from happening again in short order. This sounds weird.
Sponsored links
Old 12-28-2011, 04:12 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:20
HeyBrownDog is on a distinguished road

What is this dealer an insurance company....deny...deny...deny the claim?? I'd call Chrysler and get a case number started....this is BS!!!!

What proof do they have that something chewed threw it? Bite marks, claw marks, fur in or around the area? I've heard of snowmobiles, motorcycles, and even cars in storage have things like this, but a daily driven truck and a 2011 none the less? Doesn't make sense...

Call Chrysler customer care. Tell them you feel your warranty claim is being denied for the wrong reason. If Chrysler or the dealer can prove it was something that chewed the thing, then maybe....just maybe you might be able to accept that determination. If that's the case, you might be able to submit to your insurance company. If this is a design problem, other people would have gone through this and we have a bunch of Ram owners experiencing something like this. This information can be valuable to Chrysler for design purpose. A padded clamp or something could quickly resolve future problems.

I'm sorry....something stinks with this one.....
Old 12-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:10
rstrick is on a distinguished road

I think so too. I talked to my insurance agent, they called claims and are sending someone over to look at it. I couldn't tell for sure that it was because something chewed on it, even with light on it. Just two holes about a half inch apart and there didn't seem to be any other gnawing marks around it.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:10
rstrick is on a distinguished road

Insurance claims adjusted called and says that the holes are "consistent" with rodent chewing. I still have to see it for myself. One 32 gal gas tank =$1200 plus labor.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:49 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Rep:12
TNC is on a distinguished road

The whole fuel tank has to be replaced because of an evap or vent line? There's no way to repair it? If it were my nickel I'd get that truck out of there and take it to a mechanic that might have a better solution. If a second opinion verified that there's no other fix, then at least you'd know.