DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-31-2011, 04:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
TheRileyFactor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by white4x4 View Post
i got mine leveled the week i got it an put 35'' toyo open countrys on it, took it from GA to NY last week i was going about 80mph the whole time an no vibs at all so id so go ahead an put them in
How bad did that kill your mileage? I want to level mine, but am about to make a 4500 mile drive... will likely wait until after, lol...
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2011, 10:22 AM

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT- Big Horn
Color: White
Rep:19
dig is on a distinguished road

I also wounder about the fuel mileage, it seams that everyone is concerned about the fuel consummation and then raise the front end, I think the factory had a reason for keeping the front lower, mileage comes into mind, I know over the years the big trucks lower the front and taper the hoods for this reason. I know they look better but at what cost for the life time owner ship. I do not know if it is worth it. I think the ram looks pretty good the way it is.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:05 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sprot
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
Greg50Lt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck2theAxles View Post
I usually get all my truck parts from Top Gun Customz and that what i did with this one i just got the 2 inch in house billet strut spacer im going to put mine in as soon as i get it so i can let you know or if you do yours first let me know , the tech a Top Guns said that its been about 1 n 4 with the new car dealer trucks they have been doing reguardless of cab trim gearing he aligns them all the same and some have a vibration at 55+ and some dont
I wanted to know if you installed the spacer yourself?

I tried to put the front spacer (2.5 inch) my 2011 this weekend and was unsuccessful. After the spacer was mounted to the struts top hat I for the life of me could not get the strut to fit back over the control arm. I even had a buddy put some weight on the control arm to move it lower and still nothing. Wanted to know if you had any issues?
OE: Nav/Alpine, Backup cam, brake controller, side steps Aftermarket:Bedliner, Tonnopro bed cover, Windows 20% Tails and Cab light tinted, 18in Magnaflow, Black Fuel Hostage 20x9 trail Grapplers 295-60R20, TGC 2.5 front spacer .75 rear, Billet fuel door
Old 01-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Sport 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:30
Nightrod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg50Lt View Post

I tried to put the front spacer (2.5 inch) my 2011 this weekend and was unsuccessful. After the spacer was mounted to the struts top hat I for the life of me could not get the strut to fit back over the control arm. I even had a buddy put some weight on the control arm to move it lower and still nothing. Wanted to know if you had any issues?
Try mounting the blocks to the Strut first then align in shock bucket.pry lower control arm down as you align lower Strut mount. Mine was a 3 inch soacer and it was tight.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: DEEP CHERRY RED
Rep:10
ShooterRT is on a distinguished road
Default Do it !

I installed rough country 2.5/ 1.75 myself. Install was quick and easy. Alignment was a must. Lost some height after I got it aligned. No vibrations so far. Was deep in the woods yesterday with no where to turn around. While flexed out or on 3 wheels multiple times, I am very happy I lifted it as soon as I did. Recommend for 2 or 4wd models bc its just not a truck unless you can go anywhere you want in it. Ground clearance and payload is why we have trucks. why not make it as capable as possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trk lift.jpg (111.1 KB, 91 views)
Old 01-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: DEEP CHERRY RED
Rep:10
ShooterRT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg50Lt View Post

Me and a buddy installed my rough country with no issues. The fitment of the strut after the spacer installed was the only thing that slowed us down. He pushed down in the knuckle and lower control arm while i put a pry bar in under the strut, lifted and "kicked" it into place. no problem.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:58 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sprot
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
Greg50Lt is on a distinguished road

I ended up redoing the front today. I took the two inner lower control arm bolts out (messed up the alignment of the truck) but its on and looks pretty good. The rear is a little higher then the front but that's what I wanted. The rear had a 3/4 inch rear spacer.

My rims are waiting in the garage, the tires will be in either Monday or Tuesday. I will post pics up as soon as rims and tires are on.
OE: Nav/Alpine, Backup cam, brake controller, side steps Aftermarket:Bedliner, Tonnopro bed cover, Windows 20% Tails and Cab light tinted, 18in Magnaflow, Black Fuel Hostage 20x9 trail Grapplers 295-60R20, TGC 2.5 front spacer .75 rear, Billet fuel door
Old 01-01-2012, 09:51 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:13
BJAMIN is on a distinguished road

Has anyone used a Truxxx levelling kit?
Old 01-03-2012, 02:54 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Rep:45
pupdawg is on a distinguished road

I installed the Pro-Comp levelling kit and have had no issues whatsoever. Sure made the truck look better too!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:10 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Rep:45
pupdawg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dig View Post
I also wounder about the fuel mileage, it seams that everyone is concerned about the fuel consummation and then raise the front end, I think the factory had a reason for keeping the front lower, mileage comes into mind, I know over the years the big trucks lower the front and taper the hoods for this reason. I know they look better but at what cost for the life time owner ship. I do not know if it is worth it. I think the ram looks pretty good the way it is.
Really hate the nose down low clearance look...very unappealing...