DODGE RAM FORUM banner

The new Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic wax!

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  TSR6 
#1 · (Edited)
I tried the new Meguiars Ceramic Hybrid Wax for the first time over the weekend. It’s pretty neat stuff, and definitely a time saver. I made the little video below – but the best part of the whole thing is that it removes the whole “wax on-wax off” step. You basically end up waxing the truck during the normal drying step that you’d be doing anyways before waxing. The shine is great. Of course it rained 12-18 hours after I waxed the truck, and I can say the water beading action was great too.

As long as it holds up as well as the Meguiar’s Ultimate did long-term, this will be my new go-to wax for sure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgpaW98jgL0

#3 ·
Someone posted a YouTube about this product.

You cannot tell from the MSDS sheet what is actually in it. And, the SI02 is not even in the product.

Also, you do not want water beading, that's how you get water spots on vehicles. You want water sheeting in that water runs off the vehicle..

#6 ·
I had just gotten back from a 1,500 mile (give or take) road trip for a week up in Canada. Some of the roads we went on were un-paved, under-paved, or under construction (also - thanks Minnesota for the oil/tar covered highway... that was nice). We had gotten back late Saturday night and spent all that time unpacking the truck.
Sunday morning I finished unpacking, and only had 20-30 minutes to wash and wax the truck before we had to run some errands. If you ask me, that's where the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic shines (literally too) - was that I was able to give the truck a decent wash and a quick wax without spending much time on it.
I'm a couple months in on using this stuff - and I still give it an A+ - my only disappointment right now is that I have to store my current bottle upside down. Somehow... crazy as this is, it slid off my seat going through a round-a-bout on my way home from the store, slammed into the door, and the bottom of the bottle is cracked (and leaks).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.