North's DD Big Horn build - Page 2 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 03-26-2019, 12:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2019 Ram 1500 Classic
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Blue Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
northvibe is on a distinguished road

Thanks ^^

Well I got the front speakers in. The sound overall is much better. Still that tinny/high pitch noise is irritating but much better than stock. For not having an amp, I guess it is what it is. I have a couple little rattles when bass hits, so once that is figured out I think it will work and be fine.

I looked over the install directions and pics of the duraflaps. They don't tell you about the stock moldings, wish they would. I reinstalled the stock moldings and it seems better than without.

I ordered the tonneau cover, side steps and front tow hooks and they should arrive tomorrow. However I think I'll linex the bed before the cover is installed. Need to call and see about that.

The philips crystal vision bulbs all come tomorrow as well. High beam and low beam. I'm excited to try those out. Am looking for a decent bulb for now until I consider stock projectors w/ led bulbs.

I tried the demo of alfaodb and was writing some options down to change. Just haven't had the time to buy and use it yet. I think priority is DRL's.

OH my first huge complaint is the sound when a text msg comes in. It seems to be reset EVERY time the key is turned. So when driving I'll get a text and then it is volume 8 screaming in the car I got a text, then if I make it in time I can turn it down. otherwise you have to wait until another text comes. I need to find a way to disable that sound or always be 0, without having to disable alerts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2019, 10:45 AM

To add to my audio - I have ONLY listened to Sirius/XM and during listening you can hear the base change and quality fluctuate. Usually when I first start the truck or change stations there is little base, the sound is good. Then after a few channel changes it starts hitting base hard and the high notes are tinny... :shrug:

I have this stupid buzz/vibration that is prominent in 3rd gear at ~2k rpm but real noticeable in 4wd. I should make a post to the troubleshooting thread but it may be one of those great dealer visits.

If the weather holds out this weekend, I hope to get my new headlight bulbs and running boards on!
Old 04-01-2019, 10:02 AM

We had some cold weather but the sun was out.

I got the side steps installed, tow hooks and headlight bulbs.

Bah, the upload wont go anymore. I'll try to get them up later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6466.jpg (131.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6467.jpg (124.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6468.jpg (121.4 KB, 0 views)

Old 04-15-2019, 11:31 AM

Here are the tow hooks! Not too bad an install.

I also was able to get my fog, headlight low and high beams moved over to the philips crystal bulbs. The night driving is better than stock but I may need to try to aim my headlights, I still can't see much further ahead. I also may go to the high beam activated rear view mirror and that may help on those quiet roads where I forget to high beam.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 10.29.14 AM.jpg (20.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 10.29.26 AM.jpg (20.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-15-2019, 10:09 PM

For the vibration - Dealer looked at the truck Thursday, said they have a new drive shaft on order. See if that is the cause when it goes back in.

Friday I drove down a few hours to visit a line-x shop and got a bedline sprayed in no more slipping!! They did a super nice job. Now to get the tonneau cover installed when it isn't snowing again

I need to read some, hoping alfaodb can turn the text default volume down or something. EVERY SINGLE key start my text goes to 9 and just scared the f out of you when a text comes through. wow is that irritating. The other day, I turned it down during a text but when a different number texted me it was back to default..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement