My SnapRest experience - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > SnapRest.com

Notices

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 04-10-2019, 07:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2018 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Trim Level: Power Wagon
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:131
SpartanDonM will become famous soon enoughSpartanDonM will become famous soon enough
Default My SnapRest experience

As many of you know the people at SnapRest offered some site members the chance to evaluate their new product. After installing the SnapRest and driving with it for a few days I am happy to report that it is a quality product.

From a fit and finish standpoint I would rate the product at 5 Stars. I have the black leather interior on my Power Wagon and the leather armrest matches the interior quality quite well. The product seems robust and well made.

From an ease of use standpoint I found the initial directions very confusing. However, once I "got it" the product snapped right in you might say and worked remarkably well. There is a permanent installation option that I may opt for in the future as well. So overall I would give the product 3.5 stars for ease of use a tweak of the directions I would up the rating to 4.5-5 stars.

Now for my evaluation of the product itself. I will preface this by saying that the actual Ram armrest is 100% useless for me except as a place to house the door/window/mirror buttons. It is FAR too low for me. The additional height provided by the SnapRest brings the armrest up from 100% unusable to actually comfortable. It allows me to rest my elbow on something wider and more comfortable than the edge of the window sill. It has taken some getting used to simply because my reflex is still to use the window ledge. The armrest stays put when opening and closing the doors and seems to hold up well in my initial testing.

The 2 things I wish they had were an XL version of the armrest and one for the passenger side. I would be happy with it being an inch or so higher and a couple inches longer. If my fingers are wrapped around the front of the arm rest my elbow is hanging off the back (I have long arms). My wife would love one for the passenger side the door locks always catch her elbow when they activate at 15 MPH and startle her or pinch her. So she is wondering where hers is!

So for function I currently give it a 4 Star rating.

Overall it is a quality product serving a need I knew existed but did not know there was a fix for. I would give them a solid 4 star rating with the possibility of it moving even higher. There are pictures to come but I managed to kill my phone and am awaiting a new one at the moment. I definitely recommend the SnapRest to anyone who finds the current Ram armrests less than ideal.

If you have any questions on the product please feel free to ask I am happy to answer my experiences. The trouble I had with installation came down to how to use the small piece that is used to lock the arm rest in place. I could not get a mental picture from the directions I was reading. Once it clicked it was super easy to install. I also had to download a QR code reader app to get the installation instructions. A minor thing but I prefer instructions in the box.

Thanks for reading my rambles.

20% Front Window Tint / AMP Research PowerSteps / Mopar Mud Flaps / AMP Research BedStep 75306-01A / Console Vault / Access Lorado Tonneau Cover / DeeZee Tailgate Assist / AVS AeroSkin2 Hood Deflector / EGR Slimline In-channel Window Vents / Black .50 caliber Antenna / Assault LED 28" Radius LED Light
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2019, 02:52 PM

Vehicle: 2018 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Trim Level: Power Wagon
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:131
SpartanDonM will become famous soon enoughSpartanDonM will become famous soon enough
Default My Snap Rest Experience Revised

As many of you know the people at SnapRest offered some site members the chance to evaluate their new product. After installing the SnapRest and driving with it for a few days I am happy to report that it is a high quality product.

From a fit and finish standpoint I would rate the product at 5 Stars. I have the black leather interior on my Power Wagon and the leather armrest matches the interior quality quite well. The product seems robust and well made.

From an ease of use standpoint I found the initial directions somewhat confusing. However, once I "got it" the product snapped right in you might say and worked remarkably well. There is a permanent installation option that I may opt for in the future as well. So overall I would give the product 5 stars for ease of use after a tweak of the directions made the installation much simpler. I want to say that they modified their directions directly due to feedback from me and that responsiveness is greatly appreciated as an end user.

Now for my evaluation of the product itself. I will preface this by saying that the actual Ram armrest is 100% useless for me except as a place to house the door/window/mirror buttons. It is FAR too low for me. The additional height provided by the SnapRest brings the armrest up from 100% unusable to actually comfortable. It allows me to rest my elbow on something wider and more comfortable than the edge of the window sill. It has taken some getting used to simply because my reflex is still to use the window ledge but when I remember it is a far more comfortable drive. The armrest stays put when opening and closing the doors and seems to hold up well in my initial testing.

The 2 things I wish they had were an XL version of the armrest and one for the passenger side. I would be happy with it being an inch or so higher and a couple inches longer. If my fingers are wrapped around the front of the arm rest my elbow is hanging off the back (I have long arms). My wife would love one for the passenger side the door locks always catch her elbow when they activate at 15 MPH and startle her or pinch her. So she is wondering where hers is!

So for function I currently give it a 4.5 Star rating.

Overall it is a high quality product serving a need I knew existed but did not know there was a fix for. I would give them a strong 4.5 star rating. I definitely recommend the SnapRest to anyone who finds the current Ram armrests less than ideal. My wife who also drives my truck at times says she gives it a 5 star because she does not have "giant monkey arms" like someone she knows so I will revise my rating to ***** 5 stars because they do deserve it and not at all because I am afraid of what my wife will say!

If you have any questions on the product please feel free to ask I am happy to answer my experiences.

20% Front Window Tint / AMP Research PowerSteps / Mopar Mud Flaps / AMP Research BedStep 75306-01A / Console Vault / Access Lorado Tonneau Cover / DeeZee Tailgate Assist / AVS AeroSkin2 Hood Deflector / EGR Slimline In-channel Window Vents / Black .50 caliber Antenna / Assault LED 28" Radius LED Light

Last edited by SpartanDonM; 04-17-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:32 PM

Vehicle: 2016
Rep:100
pacofortacos will become famous soon enoughpacofortacos will become famous soon enough

Snaprest has revised the installation directions and it is much clearer now.

I also had the same confusion and when I explained it to Mike from Snaprest he revised the website instructions within a day.

So you need a Sasquatch version??? While your wife likes the normal human version? LOL

I agree on the need for a passenger side version, esp. if the tooling costs are not excessive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement