Bumper scrape - Help! - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 06-18-2019, 11:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2019 Rebel Crew Cab
Trim Level: Rebel
Color: Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:10
lunchboxphil is on a distinguished road
Default Bumper scrape - Help!

Hello. Have a scrape on my bumper due to knocking over a sign. Have tossed around ideas of using some bumper repair or bed liner spray. Any suggestions? Thanks!bumper.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2019, 12:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2016 Ram Ecodiesel 2 whl drive
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:3060
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Is the bumper also cracked, or that just a water stain on top ?
Old 06-19-2019, 09:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Is the bumper also cracked, or that just a water stain on top ?
No crack, the other marks are just dirty rainwater. A closer look:

bumper close up.jpg

Last edited by lunchboxphil; 06-19-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:08 AM

Vehicle: 2017 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: bright white
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:31
tidefan1967 is on a distinguished road

Looks like flat black so any flat black touch up paint will work. Being that its at the lowest part of the truck no one will ever notice it.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:16 AM

Vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500 CC Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep:214
14Hemi has a spectacular aura about14Hemi has a spectacular aura about14Hemi has a spectacular aura about

That seems like a relatively easy cover up but from the folks on a Rebel forum, matching the Rebel bumper paint can be tricky. The good news is it's a small spot on the bottom, so it's not "in your face".

If you want a quick, temporary fix, use a sharpie, then scratch it off when you touch it up. The best I could find for touch-up paint is probably a Ram coded matte black touch up located here:
https://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/order-form.cgi
[COLOR=dimgray][B][I] Bilstein 5100 at 2.1", Timbren SES, Airlift 1000, 18" Magnaflow, AEM Dryflow, 34" Falken Wildpeak AT3W, H9/9011 Headlight Upgrade, [/I][/B][B][I]7'6 Fisher HT, Bullet bedliner[/I][/B]
[/COLOR]
Old 06-21-2019, 01:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thanks for the responses guys. I had to swing into the dealership to warranty my steering wheel for sun decay from sitting on the lot today and swung over to the bodyshop for advice. They were also dumbfounded as to exactly how to fix it. The fact it's textured and applied directly (as opposed to a plastic panel over steel), they didn't have anything to match.

He even looked up the parts from Mopar and said the bumper is relatively cheap, but there was no info about touch up like usual and there was a real possibility it could arrive unfinished, so without said notes - they wouldn't know how to finish it to match factory.

I understand it's a new model year, but this seems a bit odd. I haven't been able to find any Mopar touch-up or solution for a bumper scrape, even though it's a 2019. The guy at the shop grabbed a senior tech and he applied some Wurth Satin Black Trim spray paint from a cup with a small brush. Turned out decent and considering the location, it's not noticeable unless you are looking for it.

These guys were great and didn't even charge me anything for the consult or touch up. There was also a scuff to the right I didn't see initially that he applied some Wurth Rubber Care to and it's virtually gone as well.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:12 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500 CC Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep:214
14Hemi has a spectacular aura about14Hemi has a spectacular aura about14Hemi has a spectacular aura about

Glad to hear that they took care of you. The issue with the Rebel bumper isn't exclusive to the '19, I read through another forum where the body shop couldn't replicate the factory finish on a warranty repair after two unsatisfactory repair attempts so a new bumper was ordered. The bumpers look good, but if you scratch or damage it, it's difficult to work with.
[COLOR=dimgray][B][I] Bilstein 5100 at 2.1", Timbren SES, Airlift 1000, 18" Magnaflow, AEM Dryflow, 34" Falken Wildpeak AT3W, H9/9011 Headlight Upgrade, [/I][/B][B][I]7'6 Fisher HT, Bullet bedliner[/I][/B]
[/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement