Bulb upgrade?? - Page 36 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 01-15-2019, 07:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2019 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Ivory Tri-Coat
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:100
IN2H2O will become famous soon enoughIN2H2O will become famous soon enough

I agree with every point you made. I had the LED's in my Amazon cart a couple times over the past week and could never pull the trigger.

I made a significant investment buying this truck and did so with the intent of driving it for at least a decade so if $450 and an afternoon in the garage is the cost for the HID lighting it deserves, then that's the right choice.

The last decision to make is going to be 35W or 50W? 35W should provide all the Lumens I would ever need and 50W will likely be overkill and just piss off other drivers.

Last edited by IN2H2O; 01-15-2019 at 08:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2019, 11:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2009
Trim Level: Dakota Sport
Color: Blue
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:153
kelaog has a spectacular aura aboutkelaog has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN2H2O View Post
I agree with every point you made. I had the LED's in my Amazon cart a couple times over the past week and could never pull the trigger.

I made a significant investment buying this truck and did so with the intent of driving it for at least a decade so if $450 and an afternoon in the garage is the cost for the HID lighting it deserves, then that's the right choice.

The last decision to make is going to be 35W or 50W? 35W should provide all the Lumens I would ever need and 50W will likely be overkill and just piss off other drivers.
35W is plenty of power with those D2S 5.0's. If you don't feel like it is you can always upgrade later. Or you can get the profile 35/50W ballasts and switch whenever ya want :P

I went with the 50W on my commuter because I'm doing long drives in the dark on a rural road. If I lived in a major city again I'd be inclined to go with 35W. I do feel bad when I crest hills and I can see the opposing driver taking the brunt of it. For my little commuter car it's not as bad but being as tall as the RAM is I wouldn't want to go with 50W's without auto leveling.

[URL="https://www.ramforumz.com/showpost.php?p=1987746&postcount=240"]Howto: High/Low on at the same time (H13 to quads/ PJ's)[/URL]
Old 06-30-2019, 10:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2018 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: 1500 Sport
Color: Hydro Electric Blue
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
BlueSport18 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN2H2O View Post
I've come across a few different references now where others have found that the drivers side housing is less focused and it's been mentioned that this is indeed by design as I had suspected

So;

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelaog View Post
Your next step is to retrofit in a Mini D2S 4.0 or FXR and go with HID. HID in halogen projectors is about half as good as a real HID projector. My $.02
I've been researching these kits all morning and I think you have me convinced to take the plunge with the Mini D2S 5.0 kit and a set of 35W HID's.

90% of my driving is with traffic where I can't utilize my high beams so my lows have to be capable of doing all the heavy lifting. The 35Watt in 4500K seem to offer the most Lumens with the best all weather visibility and longest life but I can't help but wonder if the 50Watt would be just that much better?

$255 for the 2015+ Mopar Morimoto Elite HID kit
http://www.morimotohid.com/2015-mopa...oto-elite.html

or $412 for the Mini D2S 5.0 Projector kit.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/mo...ect_restrict=1

The complete kit with HID projectors seems like a no-brainer to me.

Does anyone have before and after pics with the Morimoto HID kit? and also, I searched their website and( my ram has the projector housings) I didn’t see any specific differences for the projector housing kits. Will this kit be suitable in the projector housing? As in not scatter light everywhere and blind everyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement