New 2019 Ram 1500 limited accelerates on own - Page 4 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, & Solutions - Maintenance & Repair > Dodge Ram Warranty Issues

Dodge Ram Warranty Issues Discuss your Dodge Ram Warranty in this forum.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 01-09-2019, 08:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2019 Ram 1500 4th Gen
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:23
twodips is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy65 View Post
Read the reviews and the customer complaints for chevy. Remember, you had a C1500! That thing is already in the automobile museums all over the world!
A co-worker was mad about Chrysler service and replaced his RAM with a Chevy. It took him 6 months and he was healed- back in a 2018 RAM again.
What customers complained about- he had it:
vibration at 70
electric malfunctions in almost everything electrical at this truck
transmission issues
engine issues
and last but not least- got stranded with his camper- which was the last straw.
Chevies are not built anymore like they where- as well as all other trucks.
Back then, they wanted it to last forever.
Today, there are other requirements important:
First buyer preference:
1. how long does the average buyer drives the vehicle?
2. how many miles does the average buyer drives till he sells the vehicle?
3. what does the average buyer do with his vehicle?

Sources are, beside Dealer records, posts and polls in forums, market analysis and customer complaints to the manufacturer, as well as warranty records.

Regardless, what you buy: they guidelines are set by hours of operation, amount of switches, amount of movings. Once the number is hit, every more is a giveaway. and this has nothing to do with the manufacturer. It's just cost efficient engineering, which gives guidelines, how long the parts have to hold up.

You can have issues in every vehicle from every manufacturer.
The only thing, where I 100% agree with you, is the response from Dealer and Manufacturer and how they handle the issue.
From my side- I pass 4 CDJR Dealers on my way to my dealer and for now, each one of them- the only thing they see from me, is me driving by the one direction and a few hours later back in the other direction.
Been to all of them and they screwed it up- try to pull me over the table once, you will not ever have another chance. That's just how I am.
For your problem- I would try another dealer. But a chevy- I don't think, that's the solution. But who knows- you might be the lucky one...
To add to this, every service department is different even if it's owned by the same dealership group. Here in the Phoenix Metro one family owns several RAM dealers as well as several other makes and their service varies from dealer to dealer. Some have good managers (service and general manager) and some just plain don't. I've had to work through 2-3 before finding "the one".
As I've said before, I've had vehicles from every brand except VW and there's been challenges from all of 'em, the worst (for me) was Ford and their 6.0 Powerjoke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2019, 11:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2019 RAM Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Crimson Red
Rep:10
Webby is on a distinguished road
Default My Case is Closed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webby View Post
I'm a newbie that joined the forum on Monday 11/26. I joined because of a life-threatening event that occurred on Sunday 11/25. I posted what happened in the wrong place (the Newbie section is for introductions only) and I don't know how to move that thread. However, I do want Nicksmind and others to know what happened to me is very similar to what he and his wife experienced. I have copied and pasted from Newbie as follows:

My 2019 RAM Laramie Longhorn developed a mind of its own while driving from upstate New York to Indiana yesterday. First, the lane change assist quit working, then the truck began to accelerate rapidly on its own. I was unable to control it on a very crowded and fast-moving I-80 / I-90 Turnpike across northern Ohio. I was in the middle of three lanes headed west. In a split second decision I jerked the wheel to the right and crossed the lane on my right, squeezing between two cars, then onto the shoulder. I was scared! I forced the vehicle to a stop by pressing the breaks really hard. I shifted into park and the engine continue to rev at very high rpm up to the max rpm set point. I killed the ignition and the engine shut down. I very nearly caused a multi-car accident! During this time I remember several alert messages appearing in the dash cluster. The first one said that lane assist is deactivated, the second message said that service of the adaptive cruise control is needed, and the third message said that service of the electronic throttle is needed. My truck is in service today. I'm waiting for a diagnoses. This shocking event really scared me; I don't know if I can trust this vehicle ever again. I feel very thankful to be alive.

Today is Thursday, 11/29 and this is an update: The local RAM dealer created a case number with Chrysler's STAR system, which provides a technical resource for master technicians. Correspondence is going back and forth in an effort to troubleshoot what happened. Currently, the dealer is waiting for the STAR technical person that specializes in a specific area of potential failure to review data and respond. Diagnostics are being run to look for error codes and this data is being sent to STAR for their review. Several tests have been performed on my RAM so far, but nothing conclusive is known yet. I will give them plenty of time because a really want to know what caused the problem(s). My wife has nicknamed the truck, "Christine".
My truck was in the service department for 2 weeks. There was continuous conversation with the service manager and FCA engineering. The dealer's master technician was unable to confirm anything had failed. Two Chrysler engineers drove down from Detroit and connected to the computer in my vehicle and left. The dealer was baffled and concerned that the engineers didn't provide any information before leaving. So, I have my truck back with a no fault found diagnoses. The problem has not reoccurred - for that I'm grateful. Throughout the event, FCA was very nice to me. Now, I need to take the truck back to service because my gas mileage has dropped 2 miles per gallon from before it went into the shop. And, my brakes are groaning when backing out of the garage after sitting all night. I see others are talking about this problem with their RAMS.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:43 AM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 CC 6.4' 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Caucasian
Rep:102
guy65 will become famous soon enoughguy65 will become famous soon enough

Forget the brakes. That's normal.
When you drive in wet conditions, you will be surprised, how quick the surface of your rotors is corroding- nothing bad- normal. Also, because there is also metal in your brake pads, they corrode too. It even can be, that your pads corroding to the disks and you feel a bump with a break-loose noise, when you start rolling.
if you brake 2-3 times, it's gone.
There is nothing anyone can do and this is not brand or vehicle specific- every vehicle has this, except you have carbon/ceramic brakes- but they're usually attached to vehicles above $500000 value.
And how you say- you park in a garage- the warm temperature with the moisture coming from your vehicle, it is like an accelerator for corrosion.
Also- this is worse in winter than in summer due to salt residue on the road.
Nothing you or your dealer can do about.

The fuel mileage- well- they probably changed the ECM programming. But I would drive maybe 1000 miles first and see, if it comes back up- never the less, I would at least make a note at the dealer, without him doing anything- I truly believe, it can be, if they flash your PCM, ECM and TCM again, your issue can come back.

Old 01-26-2019, 01:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

N2O4U is on a distinguished road
Default 2019 Ram 1500 Limited Sudden Acceleration

Hi folks. New member here. I discovered this forum after just having my own harrowing experience, in my 7,000 mile old '19 Ram 1500 Limited.

Out with the family in a congested area today when suddenly the dash lights up with something about the Electronic Stability Control. As I pull away from a stop sign the truck began accelerating well beyond my input on the pedal. I took my foot off the pedal but the truck continued accelerating. I was able to brake hard and turn into a parking lot where I shut the engine off. After a bunch of "what the hell just happened" I started the truck and found the check engine light was illuminated, but otherwise things seemed fine. We were able to make it home without any further problems.

I called the dealership where I have the truck serviced and recounted our experience to a service department guy. I'll be taking it in Monday.

I'll continue reading on this and other forums as to what may be the cause/fix. Having found there are at least 2 other individuals with very similar experiences to mine I thought I should post now. Thanks. I'll report back once I have more information.

Roger
Old 01-28-2019, 07:42 AM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 CC 6.4' 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Caucasian
Rep:102
guy65 will become famous soon enoughguy65 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2O4U View Post
Hi folks. New member here. I discovered this forum after just having my own harrowing experience, in my 7,000 mile old '19 Ram 1500 Limited.

Out with the family in a congested area today when suddenly the dash lights up with something about the Electronic Stability Control. As I pull away from a stop sign the truck began accelerating well beyond my input on the pedal. I took my foot off the pedal but the truck continued accelerating. I was able to brake hard and turn into a parking lot where I shut the engine off. After a bunch of "what the hell just happened" I started the truck and found the check engine light was illuminated, but otherwise things seemed fine. We were able to make it home without any further problems.

I called the dealership where I have the truck serviced and recounted our experience to a service department guy. I'll be taking it in Monday.

I'll continue reading on this and other forums as to what may be the cause/fix. Having found there are at least 2 other individuals with very similar experiences to mine I thought I should post now. Thanks. I'll report back once I have more information.

Roger

Report it to all sources. For me, a clear safety hazard requiring a recall.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

nicksmind is on a distinguished road

Update on my issue. Ok so Here is an update on my truck. I had gone through their arbitration process and they initially offered to replace the truck, but the offer was very vague and I wasn't about to sign a legal document without knowing more. They told me to go to a meeting with the arbitrator. I met with him and no representative from FCA was present and they provided no correspondence stating they wished to deny or fight my claim. Well the arbitrator took it upon himself to assume the position they wished to deny my claim and so he did. Now the claim is denied and they removed the offer to replace. I have made several attempts to get somewhere and FCA has taken the position that I need to take them to court. NHTSA is aware of the issue and I continue to have more issues. I have a growling droaning noise, breaks still squeak, Voice controls still don't work, and cold starts the truck sounds like a rat being killed under the hood. a loud squeal for a good 5 to 10 minutes. Its sat in the driveway and gone really nowhere. 4500 miles since August and a good 1000+ were by the dealer. I have an attorney looking in to it but one stated that the arbitration process kind of screwed me. I have a neighbor getting his bought back because the droning noise. You would think unintended acceleration would be a priority or at least a qualified reason to buy it back. I'm so done with Chrysler and the several Chrysler dealers I visit for work have also shown disappointment with how Chrysler has been treating their customers. I am ready to tell anyone who will listen because this is BS.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

nicksmind is on a distinguished road

Now another issue just yesterday I tried using the remote start and the truck would just continue to turn over but not start. I went out and manually started it. pulled it partially in the garage and shut it off. Figured it could use a quick clean out and when I went to go start it it would not start it would go to acc, run, but now wont shut off either. It had multiple messages like service suspension, service transmission, service steering directed headlights, don't shift out of drive or shut off till you have it to your destination for service, the shift knob would not allow you to turn it. Had it towed to the shop a different one from my original dealer due to distance and the service manager looked at me and asked why I still had the truck after looking through all the service history and why FCA hasn't bought it back. Sounds like this issue may take a while.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:41 AM

Vehicle: 2019 Ram 1500 4th Gen
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: White
Rep:23
twodips is on a distinguished road

I ran into this with a '15 6 liter powerjoke. Ended up making some lemons out of sheet magnets, painted yellow of course and stuck 'em all over the truck and got some yellow window paint and painted "This is a lemon, ask me why" and "Ford refuses to stand behind product". Parked it in front of a dealer a few times, they were not happy and tried to place vehicles around it to block people from seeing it.

Drove it like that into get service, drove it to auto malls etc. One thing I didn't do which I should have was send various pictures from high traffic areas to Ford corporate,Consumer reports and all the TV consumer protection shows. Maybe that would have gotten their attention faster.

If I'd have had the $$ and time I would've driven it to one of the their plants or to Detroit and parked it out in front for a few days.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

BPFish13 is on a distinguished road
Default 2019 Ram Acceleration Issue

Hello Nicksmind / Webby / N204U

I have a 2019 Ram truck, purchased in Feb., that is accelerating by itself. It appears we have pretty much the same issue. This problem is a MAJOR safety issue. Over the past 3 months, it has been in the shop 3 times and they cannot figure out the issue. The unintended acceleration occurs every 200-600 miles. The truck is virtually unusable, as I refuse to let my children in the truck and I don't feel comfortable taking it out of town.

I have a open case with FCA, but they refused my buyback request. It is unbelievable that Chrysler's position is for me to continue to drive a truck that can accelerate on its own at any moment. By driving the truck, I am risking my safety and the safety of others on the road. I was wondering if your problem got resolved. If so, what was the fix or did they do a buyback?

Also, out of curiosity, do you the the etorque engine? I do, and I have a suspicion that it is part of the issue.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement