Ram Trucks Australia - Will Not Listen - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, & Solutions - Maintenance & Repair > 1ST Generation Dodge Ram – 1993 & Older Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Body & Interior 1st Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 07-05-2019, 01:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2018 RAM 2500 Laramie
Trim Level: Black Leather
Color: Silver
Engine: 2016-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 385hp 900lb/ft (Aisin ASC69RC Automatic)
Rep:10
Explorex is on a distinguished road
Default Ram Trucks Australia - Will Not Listen

RAM Trucks Australia – Will Not Listen

Consider Your Comfort / Safety When Purchasing a RAM 2500 in Australia
Issue with length of driver’s seatbelt.

As a recent purchaser of a $150,000 RAM 2500 Laramie Rego 1GPC 537, I have not been impressed with the lack of drivers comfort due to the limited length of the driver’s seat belt. It restricts the ability to move freely, to safely manage and control the vehicle without undoing the seat belt to alter the necessary controls, which basically provides an unsafe/illegal driving environment.

My first contact with RAM Trucks Australia on this issue was on the live” Chat Line” four months ago to discuss my issues, they advised myself to use the formal RAM Trucks Australia online Enquiry Form, which I tried to do so on three (3) separate occasions over a five (5) week period – STILL NO REPLY !!!

I then re-approached the Dealer ‘Motor Corp RAM’ in Perth, which they then reviewed my concerns regarding the driver’s seatbelt in a timely/understanding manner. However, they have since advised me in writing that they have investigated and tested/measured the useable length of the front seat belts as per RAM’s Instructions and the difference between both drivers and passengers seat belts is
400mm, which RAM Trucks Australia deem is acceptable

My Test of ‘Useable Seat Belt Length’ on my other vehicles including the RAM 2500

RAM 2500 Driver – 107Passenger - 1470mm Difference of 395mm
Toyota RAV4 Driver – 1628mm Passenger - 1625mm Difference of 3mm
Mitsubishi Triton Driver - 1540mm Passenger -1535mm Difference of 5mm

The RAM 2500 Drivers usable seat belt length is 553mm shorter than the Toyota RAV4 and 465mm shorter than the Mitsubishi Triton

I am finding it extremely difficult to understand why RAM Engineers deem this is OK for the driver’s side seat belt to be 400mm shorter than the passenger side in Australia , as the lack in length of the driver’s seat belt severely restricts moving to monitor traffic and use dash controls.

I have been unable to get any type of understanding and/or satisfaction from RAM Trucks Australia.

It is apparent that RAM Trucks Australia do not wish to communicate to their customers directly – As the only contact available for a customer is to use the online ‘Enquiry Form’ which they do not answer!!!!!

Maybe Ram Trucks Australia are in a design phase of their ‘Response Form’

Hopefully RAM Trucks Australia will find my ‘Enquiry Forms’ and contact me in person in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2019, 08:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2017 Ram 2500 MC
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Black
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:25
racecar67 is on a distinguished road

I just got back from a trip to Sydney to visit family. My cousin says that FCA Australia has possibly the worst customer service of any auto manufacturer in that country. He says if they wish to continue sell vehicles they need to step up their game. With the competition becoming smaller there I would think they would do better. The only complaints I have about them here is some of the dealers are hard to work with. I have a dealer 2 miles from my house and will drive 30 just to get good service.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:46 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Ram Ecodiesel 2 whl drive
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:3060
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't say what Ram you are putting them in

Surely you must be able to order longer seat belts

I know that you can buy seat belt extensions

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Seat-Belt-E...gAAOSwEK9ULb4W

Old 07-05-2019, 09:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2016-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 385hp 900lb/ft (Aisin ASC69RC Automatic)

Thanks GTyankee

I hope you are right about obtaining a longer seat belt or just equal in length to the passengers side

This would be my preferred outcome

As mentioned in my initial post, I have been using the RAM Trucks Australia online Enquiry Form, which I tried to do so on three (3) separate occasions over a five (5) week period – STILL NO REPLY !!!

It appears the Dealers hands are tried on this issue

So RAM Trucks Australia need to take responsibility
Old 07-05-2019, 09:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

[QUOTE=racecar67;2193771]I just got back from a trip to Sydney to visit family. My cousin says that FCA Australia has possibly the worst customer service of any auto manufacturer in that country. He says if they wish to continue sell vehicles they need to step up their game. With the competition becoming smaller there I would think they would do better. The only complaints I have about them here is some of the dealers are hard to work with. I have a dealer 2 miles from my house and will drive 30 just to get good service.

Thanks racecar67

Yes RAM Trucks Australia are not interested in Customer Service directly with their clients.

Maybe they think the Chat Line they offer is customer Service.

If I what a chat I will go to a coffee shop
Old 07-05-2019, 11:51 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Ram Ecodiesel 2 whl drive
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:3060
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Just a suggestion
I bet that one of the right hand drive conversion places either has the seat belts or has enough pull with Ram Australia to get them

https://shop.scdamerica.com.au/
Old 07-06-2019, 09:18 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: SILVER
Rep:27
Rado is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Explorex;2193925]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racecar67 View Post
I just got back from a trip to Sydney to visit family. My cousin says that FCA Australia has possibly the worst customer service of any auto manufacturer in that country. He says if they wish to continue sell vehicles they need to step up their game. With the competition becoming smaller there I would think they would do better. The only complaints I have about them here is some of the dealers are hard to work with. I have a dealer 2 miles from my house and will drive 30 just to get good service.

Thanks racecar67

Yes RAM Trucks Australia are not interested in Customer Service directly with their clients.

Maybe they think the Chat Line they offer is customer Service.

If I what a chat I will go to a coffee shop
Explorex , That really sucks about your customer service over there ! :O And WOW $150000.00 for your RAM :O thought our prices were high :O
As mentioned above try the seat belt extension,, Something like this one. FYI they do list Australia for size in the country selection section. FYI I have NEVER purchased from them just found the link when I googled RAM seat beat extension ! Hope something like this may help !
And WELCOME to the group !

Amazon Au.
https://www.amazon.com.au/s?k=seat+b...f=nb_sb_noss_1

https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com...a9dbe98e9213ea

Last edited by Rado; 07-06-2019 at 09:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement