DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Coverking MOLLE seat covers

24K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  N.H. 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm sure many of you have seen advertisements for the Coverking cordura seat covers with MOLLE attachments on the backs of the front seats. They are available in solid colors as well as Multicam, Kryptek Highlander, Kryptek Typhon, and a few other patterns. I liked the idea of added protection for my seats since I have several packs made out of cordura nylon and have been very impressed with the durability of the fabric. It is very abrasion resistant, water resistant (these seat covers are also treated for added water resistance), and resists punctures. I also liked the idea of being able to mount things to the front seats, as it turns out it is a very convenient place to keep a small axe, flashlight, and various other tools that are MOLLE compatible (WEAPONS:smileup:). Lastly, while I still question the actual value of Kryptek Typhon as a camouflage I figured it would look great in my black/diesel gray interior. After having them for 2 and a half months, here is my review:

-Color: Like I said, I got the Krypek Typhon pattern. It is a black/gray pattern and it darkens the interior a little bit over the factory cloth color. This is what I was going for, since I thought the factory cloth was a little too gray for my tastes and not black enough. If I had the tan/brown interior I would have gone with Kryptek Highlander. In the attached pictures, it looks a bit lighter than it does in person because I don't have an actual camera and use my cell phone for all of my pictures.

-Material: If you have served in the military within the last decade or 2 you have almost surely had experience with cordura nylon. Lots of bags, pouches, etc are made from it, and its what the military Camelbaks are made from. This stuff is tough, and fairly heavy so when you are on a long trip and the back of your thighs get sweaty they won't stick to your seat covers like they would if it were a lighter type of nylon. They also make it a bit easier to adjust your seating position, but not to the point where you slide around easily. Overall, I am pleasantly surprised by how comfortable they are. They resist absorbing spills, and when you get them dirty (even with fine caliche dust) it takes no more than a wet rag to clean them. Also from what I understand, the color of cordura seat covers will not fade with UV exposure like neoprene seat covers will.

Fitment: Cordura is not stretchy like Neoprene, so it does take a little extra care to get these to fit perfectly. They look somewhat wrinkly in the pics because of the seat bolsters when there isn't someone in the seat, but they aren't loose, rather a snug fit. I probably could have got them to fit a little better, especially around the bottom corners, but I am satisfied with them as they are. They did not include instructions, but it did not take very long to figure out how to install them. I had my mom help me because her little fingers made it easier to get the back seat covers on. The front ones were much easier and I did them by myself. Just make sure that when you buckle the rear covers together not to tighten the straps too tight otherwise you will not be able to fold the seat down all the way. On the front seats, make sure that the straps running under the seats do not contact the seat motors or wiring. I didn't run into a problem here, but I figure its better to be safe than sorry, and its easy enough to avoid placing stress on the wiring and motors. The pictures will probably show more about the fit than I can describe, so I will let them do the rest of the description.

Functionality: The only thing you lose with these covers is the map pockets on the backs of the front seats. If you miss them that badly, you can always get a MOLLE map pocket. Also, these covers include several pouches ranging from a small one with elastic shotshell loops, to a flashlight pouch, and what looks like a dump pouch; and the space between the MOLLE loops is velcro so velcro pouches can fit too. The child seat restraints are still accessible with these covers ( I tried to show that in one of the pictures), and you also retain the ability to use the 60/40 folding rear seat which is pretty nice. As far as the MOLLE attachments go, it will depend on who you are as to how useful they are to you. They also do have flaps on the side of the front seats to allow the seat mounted airbags to deploy.

Summary: I think these seat covers looks great with the interior color of my truck, and the material is super durable. They are a little pricey, but I think for the quality and ruggedness it is worth it. If you have any questions, just ask below or PM me.

See less See more
#33 ·
Those look nice!
I wish I had gone with them instead of Seat Covers Unlimited.
For $650 They look like something you would get at Walmart.
Their customer service sucks absolutely dreadful once they have your money you can forget any help from them.
The covers they sent me don't even cover the entire seat.
Needless to say I would not recommend buying them unless out have $650 you want to throw away.

Attachments

#36 ·
Working around Photobucket

Thanks for the info. Pricey, so I'll wait until I get my swatches before pulling the trigger.

Just found this post (after posting a question/request for pics in the Rebel forum)...any chance you still have the photos from the original post? They show a message about the 3d party hosting right now.
It is possible to get to the images (in a smaller size) when Photobucket hides them behind that ransom note. One way is to right click on the image, choose "copy image location". Paste that into Google search, but before you hit enter, delete everything but the filename . So for example "i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/gree7824/20140201_121548_zpsabfcc6fd.jpg" becomes "20140201_121548_zpsabfcc6fd.jpg".

Now search for "20140201_121548_zpsabfcc6fd.jpg", and voila:

#35 ·
Yeah they posted from photobucket. I am deployed right now and can't post them back, sorry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.