Is This Normal? - Page 2 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, & Solutions - Maintenance & Repair > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Heating & Cooling

Notices

Heating & Cooling 4th Gen Dodge Ram Heating & Cooling Problems and Questions.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 11-09-2017, 08:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2017 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn Crew Cab
Color: Black Forest Green
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:211
TruBlu has a spectacular aura aboutTruBlu has a spectacular aura aboutTruBlu has a spectacular aura about

I notice the air recirculate light will change off by itself when I put it on when my truck is in auto mode, which I've pretty much left it in since I bought the truck last month. I set both zones to 70 degrees and leave it. It's ran heat on a cold morning, and A/C on a warm afternoon. It works well.

I would prefer to leave it on recirculate mode, areas I drive in Baltimore stink terribly, would prefer not to ingest that stankness into my cab lol. But otherwise, I just let the auto function do its thing.

Gone but not forgotten: 2015 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab, True Blue, 4x4, 345ci Hemi, 8HP70, 3.92 gears (LSD rear).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2017, 09:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2017 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star Silver Ed.
Color: Delmonico Red Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:76
IndependenceDay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
I would prefer to leave it on recirculate mode, areas I drive in Baltimore stink terribly, would prefer not to ingest that stankness into my cab lol. But otherwise, I just let the auto function do its thing.
You should be able to hit the recirculate button and the system stays in auto mode. At least on my 2017, that is the only thing you CAN do that does not make it switch to full manual mode. After the truck has been stopped for an hour or so, restarting will result in recirculate off. If less than that it will resume recirculate. I am in a habit of hitting that recirculate button on most all startups. Dallas is stinky, too.

In my opinion, the auto temp control in these trucks was a mere afterthought. It works well in the summer. However in the winter when you want the AC compressor off, or air delivery mode changed, or fan speed reduced, you have to go to full manual mode. My old 97 Seville had probably the best ATC system I have experienced. It literally had four independent auto modes, for fan, mode, compressor, and temp, but they all worked together. I woulda thought that 20 year old tech would have migrated to all new vehicles now...

Last edited by IndependenceDay; 11-09-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2016
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Green
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:10
mxer201 is on a distinguished road

Well, experimented today. Outside temp reading was 69. On the climate screen, air flow was floor and vent only. Ac indicator off. Inside temp was on 70, the compressor was engaged. Increasing the inside temp up to 78 had the same result, compressor still engaged. I will keep trying things to see if I can determine a pattern.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2016
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Green
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:10
mxer201 is on a distinguished road

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

Thought I would bring this thread back to the top. The AC clutch again. If you look at the attached photos, the one when the outside temp was 60 degrees F, the ac clutch is engaged. When 43 degrees F the ac clutch was not engaged. So, wondering is this by design or a faulty temp sensor? Here is a response from FCA in regard to the photo when the outside temp was 60:

By looking at the setting you have it on, there is no reason the AC should be on. The AC will turn on automatically with MIX (the fourth little guy in the center of the screen) and DEFROST modes even if the A/C button is not pressed. However, you do not have these on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement