Climate Control Not Working - Page 2 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, & Solutions - Maintenance & Repair > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Heating & Cooling

Notices

Heating & Cooling 4th Gen Dodge Ram Heating & Cooling Problems and Questions.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 10-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2017 Ram Laramie Megacab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2016-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 385hp 900lb/ft (Aisin ASC69RC Automatic)
Rep:10
rdm1465 is on a distinguished road

The original post was from last year 1/13 to 5/13. Not sure if you are out of warranty or not. If not take it in, and let the dealership deal with it. You can also check to see if there is a recall that might cover it. BlownGP indicated all it needed was to be reprogrammed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2014, 12:00 AM

Vehicle: 2009 RAM CC Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Sunburst Orange Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:15
BlownGP is on a distinguished road

Guess I should update this.

Reprogramming worked at first, but the issue came up again about 4-5 months later.

This time it would pop like crazy every time I started my truck, then stop a few minutes later. Took it to the dealer again and they had to replace the actuators. Been fine for over a year now.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Jaimecasas is on a distinguished road
Default No power on control panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfd52fire View Post
I am having the exact same set of symptoms in my 2011. It started with the HVAC controls not switching off floor and then last night my headlights would not come on in "auto" mode and the lights behind the HVAC controls will not light up and the only air I am getting is ambient from outside (blower still works). Did you get this solved/were you able to figure it out? From what I have read the best I can figure is that is some kind of computer or module issue and it will need to be flashed/reprogrammed. Thanks for any help.
Hello. Did you get it resolved?

Old 03-14-2017, 08:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
jbez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfd52fire View Post
I am having the exact same set of symptoms in my 2011. It started with the HVAC controls not switching off floor and then last night my headlights would not come on in "auto" mode and the lights behind the HVAC controls will not light up and the only air I am getting is ambient from outside (blower still works). Did you get this solved/were you able to figure it out? From what I have read the best I can figure is that is some kind of computer or module issue and it will need to be flashed/reprogrammed. Thanks for any help.
I'm having the same issues. Blower control works, temperature control does not, diverted control does not. Now the automatic headlights do not work. As a temporary fix, I've been popping the dashboard bezel off, disconnecting the harnesses and reconnecting them. But this only a temporary solution as the symptoms will reappear in a day or two. Did anyone come up with a permanent solution for this set of symptoms?
Old 03-12-2019, 10:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Stevechilders is on a distinguished road

I am having the exact same set of symptoms in my 2009. It started with the HVAC controls not switching off floor and my headlights would not come on in "auto" mode and the lights behind the HVAC controls will not light up and the only air I am getting is ambient from outside (blower still works). Did you get this solved/were you able to figure it out?
Old 06-02-2019, 12:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat (PRP)
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Barlin009 is on a distinguished road

I am having this same issue, recirculate, ac and defrost all will not light up and auto headlamp does not work as will. Is this all From a bad blend door?
Old 06-02-2019, 01:40 AM

Vehicle: 2016 Ram Ecodiesel 2 whl drive
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:3060
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Believe it or not, the climate control systems have not changed all that much since 2003 to 2018

Grab your favorite beverage & watch some videos about the CC system troubleshooting

https://www.google.com/search?q=trou...w=1200&bih=590
Advertisement