Caliper lock up - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > HD RAM - 2500 | 3500 | 4500 Ram Truck Forum > HD RAM - GENERAL DISCUSSION

Notices

HD RAM - GENERAL DISCUSSION For 2500, 3500, and 4500 General Discussion.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 05-17-2019, 09:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
farenhite451 is on a distinguished road
Default Caliper lock up

Hey guys, has anyone else experienced a caliper that wont release? Im on my third one on the right rear. The original wouldnt release so I replaced, the replacement wouldnt release after a year, while compressing the pistons on that one I put the clamp through the rear of the caliper. Got a new caliper and replaced the hose ans tube to the distribution block. Now this caliper is not releasing. Bad refurbished units or problem with truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2019, 10:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2018 Dodge Ram 3500, SRW
Trim Level: Tradesman. Crew Cab
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:122
9thousandfeet will become famous soon enough9thousandfeet will become famous soon enough

You don't really describe how/when/where the lockup(s) happened, whether suddenly or gradually, or whether there were any other symptoms that preceded/accompanied the lockups, but it seems to me that if the caliper won't release after you've loosened the brake line to that caliper to ensure there's no residual hydraulic pressure built up, then the hang up has to be in the caliper. If there's still pressure after the brake pedal is released, and loosening the brake line frees the caliper then something has to be going on with the truck. Would that not have to be the situation?
I'm assuming you've eyeballed the rotor carefully for true and dimensional consistency and you've not noticed any heating or pulsing or other undesirable issues that could compromise a caliper when driving down the road?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement