Electronic throttle control needs service?? - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 6.4 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 6.4 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 6.4-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 410 horsepower, 429 lb-ft of torque.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 02-21-2016, 06:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2016 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Granite
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:10
Dave Alberts is on a distinguished road
Default Electronic throttle control needs service??

I have 2016, 2500 with 6.4... I get alerts both in the truck and email via UConnect, stating "Electronic throttle control needs service"... the dealership says no faults are present and alerts are "probably" due to application of accelerator and braking at the same time... not as in burn out, but inadvertent...

Has anyone else had this problem?? I don't much like the idea of a failing or faulty throttle control...

Thanks!!

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2016, 09:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: n/a
Trim Level: n/a
Color: n/a
Rep:84
ramcares will become famous soon enough

Hi Dave,
Does this happen intermittently or is it a fairly regular occurrence? Although no codes were present, was the dealership able to duplicate the ETC MIL?
Old 02-26-2016, 11:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2016 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Granite
Dave Alberts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcares View Post
Hi Dave,
Does this happen intermittently or is it a fairly regular occurrence? Although no codes were present, was the dealership able to duplicate the ETC MIL?
Prior to service, it happened several times... since service I have seen one alert on the screen, but have not receive anything from UConnect. I don't know about the ETC MIL...

Old 05-18-2016, 02:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2016 dodge rebel
Trim Level: rebel
Color: red/black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
busaboy is on a distinguished road

HI DAVE YOU SHOULD GO TO THE AUTO PARTS STORE THAT WILL CHECK YOUR CODES. HAVE THEM CHECK THEM, WRITE THEM DOWN THEN CLEAR THEM. IF ITS THE CHRYSLER GLITCH, IT SHOULD TAKE THE TRUCK OUT OF LIMP MODE. IF YOU HAVE THE ETC GREMLIN. IF NOT, GIVE ME MORE INFO-DO YOU HAVE YOUR U CONNECT ACTIVATED,AND DID YOUR PROBLEM OCCUR AFTER YOU ACTIVATED. DO NOT BELIEVE ANY DEALER. I HAVE TALKED TO SEVERAL DEALERS. THE SERVICE MANAGER WILL LIE TO YOU ABOUT THE ETC LIGHT. I WENT BACK AND TALKED TO DIFFERENT TECHS AT SEVERAL DEALERS, THEY TOLD ME THE TRUTH. THE DEALERS MANAGEMENT IS CONTROLLED BY CHRYSLER CORP. ALL CHRYSLER MADE MODELS HAVE THE SAME ISSUES. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A WARRANTY GO TO ANY AUTO PARTS STORE AND HAVE THEM CHECK THE CODES THEN HAVE THEM CLEAR THEM. IT WILL NOT WORK BY DISCONNECTING THE BATTERY, IT WILL TAKE IT OUT OF LIMP MODE, AND SAVE YOU MONEY FROM TECHS THAT ARE PARTS SWAPPERS.THE DEALERS TELL YOU TWO FOOT DRIVE. I 'M A RETIRED ASE TECH I SPECIALIZED IN DRIVABILITY AND ELECTRICAL. ALL DEALERS WILL DO REPROGRAMS AND TELL YOU ITS FIXED,( IT DOES NOT.) I'M GOING THROUGH THIS WITH MY 215 MILE REBEL I HAVE TALKED TO CUSTOMERS WITHOUT WARRANTY,AND COMING BACK TO THE DEALER FOR THE SAME THING. I TOLD THEM TO DO THE AUTO PARTS THING AND IF IT SOLVED TO GET HOLD OF THE NHTSA AND MAKE A COMPLAINT AND START A CLAIM WITH THEM. I HAVE RECIEVED 21 SUCCESSFULL EMAILS. I AM TRYING TO STOP CUSTOMER WASTING THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY TO THE CHRYSLER DEALERS. FCA CUSTOMER SERVICE ALLOWED ME TO FIND OUT INFO TO SPEED UP THE PROCESS. WRONG MISTAKE! I LEARNED A LOT. go to google and punch in etc . the light will light in the middle of your dash for 2 second and go off than reset, you will not hear any beep when it comes on. It causes all kinds of problems, poor fuel mileage radio, hvac no throttle, air ride, trans issues all electrical. the dealer will not tell you .I mounted a go pro and caught it I have been to the dealers 3 times, they updated everything the first dealer I went to. even my trans. I have been told by all three dealers it cant be fixed. the dealers doesn't buy back my truck. Chrysler does, they put you through hell, customer service will give you the run around. the problem the dealer told me I 2 foot drive. they told me not to 2 foot drive. The etc has to be triggered 6 times before it will set a hard code, the light will stay on all the time. I jacked up the back of my truck shut off my traction control,close the door and put your seat belt on I used the steering wheel shifter, barely touched the brakes, and pushed the gas up and down. I had to do it twice the longest it took me was 5 minutes . don't feel bad every model has that . my throttle goes out going down the highway with the cruise on not touching the brake. or driving down a main road, with or without my trailer i have a dbriii 3 scanner. i captured it on freeze frame, 68 mph-temp-182-cruise activated-brake not active. i took it to a dealer and showed them they refused to comment. what does that say? dealers are making money and chrysler is hiding something like usual.I'm making videos showing me not using the brake and the etc light staying on and all the other problems it causes. top things off when i purchased the salesman said they did a dealer swap it had 215 miles, the truck was getting 9 miles per gallon, I thought they didnt change the computer for the tire size change. so after a week and 4 other problems i scanned it, had five codes, and one of those was p2299-(gas pedal not calibrated with the brake pedal- 2 foot driving. Next day i went to the dealer and picked up a copy of the service records. The records showed me, the dealer did not do a road prep, and the truck was delivered to the dealer with only 10 miles? the owner of the dealer does not know i had the paper work. The owner told me it was driven over. I had the dealer they traded with told me it was transported and delivered with 10 miles. the dealer faxed me the paper work to me. the dealership i purchased it from is in for a rude awakening. They have know one to blame besides themselves. They also are repainting the whole truck.I am going to let them before i drop the bomb, because of all the grief they put me through. I.m retired and persistent. this will be fun for me now, after the run around they gave me. I CANNOT REVIEL THE DEALERS REPLY TO ME IF THIS DIDN'T HELP

Last edited by busaboy; 05-18-2016 at 03:12 AM. Reason: I DIDN'T SAY HI TO DAVE
Old 10-14-2018, 08:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4
Color: Black
Donelam304 is on a distinguished road

I have been having this issue on my 2014 RAM 2500 crew cab 4X4 with 6.4 hemi. My mpg went from 14 to 10. Same driving conditions, the same route I've been driving the last 4 years. I get the light, scan it immediately and nothing. I do have EVAP codes showing. But i had taken it to a dealership and auto parts store to have codes checked, to only be told there is nothing there. i did take it in twice to the dealership and the light was on, they checked it and of course, nothing. anyone else have any info on this issue....
Old 10-14-2018, 09:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2016 ram 2500 powerwagon
Trim Level: power wagon crew cab
Color: delmonico red pearl
redwagon is on a distinguished road

I have had the same message on my 2016 with 6.4 around 17,000 miles. I went pull out on a wet roadway and the traction light flashed , truck lost all throttle control and I was almost rearended. I took it into the dealer and there was a code stored. The dealer also performed the cruise control recall as well. The dealer told me they re-calibrated the throttle and everything else checked fine. I also reported this to NHTSA .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement