RADIO DOWNLOAD DIDN'T WORK - Page 2 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, & Solutions - Maintenance & Repair > 5th Generation Dodge Ram - 2019+ Trucks > 5th Gen UConnect/Nav

Notices

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 03-30-2019, 04:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2016 Ram Ecodiesel 2 whl drive
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:3060
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

From reading what the people over at the 5th gen ram site are writing about

It seems like Apple, Sirius Guardian & Panasonic are not playing well together.
AT&T is the service provider
FCA & the dealerships are catching the crap. All that FCA can do is replace the radio, they can't fix something that they have no control over

Over the years, Apple has had to make their software backwards compatible to work with older technology & usually that fixes part of the problem.

Apple always comes up with new technology every 6 months
Sirius Guardian / Uconnect Access will not change for 3 or 4 years at a time
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2019, 09:10 PM

Vehicle: 2019 Ram 1500 (New Style)
Trim Level: Laramie LongHorn 4x4
Color: Rugged Brown Pearl–Coat
Rep:45
hhg is on a distinguished road

After FCA called me I took my truck in last Friday (17 May) to have the newest software installed (see attached invoice for details).

Long story short, my 12" Uconnect now works as it should. I waited a few days before posting to run the truck to many on/off cycles and about 400 miles since the repair to make sure it lasts.

Also, thank you to RamCares, the assigned case manager and my deale as they worked together in getting this resolved.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Update.jpg (85.4 KB, 0 views)

One of the "Quiet Professionals"
Old 05-23-2019, 07:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
firedog52 is on a distinguished road

Mine worked for a week. Then stopped while driving. I'd give it time, the issue is persistent. Hope you beat it.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:48 PM

Vehicle: 2019 Ram 1500 (New Style)
Trim Level: Laramie LongHorn 4x4
Color: Rugged Brown Pearl–Coat
Rep:45
hhg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedog52 View Post
Mine worked for a week. Then stopped while driving. I'd give it time, the issue is persistent. Hope you beat it.
I keep my fingers crossed! At least FCA gave me 12 free synthetic oil changes and tire rotations over a 36 month period to make up for the inconvenience.

One of the "Quiet Professionals"
Old 06-04-2019, 06:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
firedog52 is on a distinguished road
Default Radio Update

My radio just made some static and Booom, its working again. Its been about a week and its still working. I just hope it keeps working.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:33 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Ram Ecodiesel 2 whl drive
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:3060
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

There is one thing that i recall from a few years back & i assume that it still applies

If you are a smart phone user & are registered with Uconnect Advantage or Uconnect Access, which ever name that they are using now.
You can shut your phone OFF & still push the Assist button to call the the Ram Assist office in Auburn Hills, MI, using the vehicles SDAR, ID Cellular

The 911 button should always work, whether your are a registered Uconnect user or not, but i am not positive about that

Our Ram & most of the other Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep vehicles that have those two buttons on their mirror, have a built in VIN assigned phone interface built into the vehicle.
You don't even need a cell phone within miles of your location to use the vehicle phone

===============================================

For those 4th Generation Rams, etc, that are having radio issues, including your buttons on the steering wheel.
If you are curious about why your radio does not function correctly, you may find the answer below

http://perception.fcaperformanceinst...84/0621908.pdf

Performing these functions may fix or brick your radio
Advertisement