02 2500 Diesel, Front end upgrade recomendations. - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, & Solutions - Maintenance & Repair > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Suspension

Notices

Suspension 2nd Gen Dodge Ram Suspension Problems and Questions

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 05-28-2019, 10:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2004 SLT Hemi Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Joe.G is on a distinguished road
Default 02 2500 Diesel, Front end upgrade recomendations.

Hi, I am looking to freshen up the front end of a 02 2500 Diesel stock ride height, the truck is in very nice shape and has low mileage and have had it since new. I am looking to just freshen up the front end as it has some slop and clunks. I have heard of different kits and have heard about some bearing that goes on the steering box shaft or something. Any input and links would be great. Thanks Hi, I am looking to freshen up the front end of a 02 2500 Diesel stock ride height, the truck is in very nice shape and has low mileage and have had it since new. I am looking to just freshen up the front end as it has some slop and clunks. I have heard of different kits and have heard about some bearing that goes on the steering box shaft or something. Any input and links would be great. Thanks
Hi, I am looking to freshen up the front end of a 02 2500 Diesel stock ride height, the truck is in very nice shape and has low mileage and have had it since new. I am looking to just freshen up the front end as it has some slop and clunks. I have heard of different kits and have heard about some bearing that goes on the steering box shaft or something. Any input and links would be great. Thanks
2004 SLT Hemi Black Quad Cab 4WD. SRT-10 Hood, 06 20 Inch Rims SC F5 Tuner, S&B CAI, Power Stop Drilled Slotted tow Package brake kit, Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Shocks, Helwig Rear Sway Bar and G2 Axle Rear Cover, Detroit Tru Trac rear Diff,Smoked LED Tail Lights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2019, 12:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 dodge ram
Trim Level: slt laramie
Color: green over driftwood gray
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
dannewman is on a distinguished road

Rock solid ram steering shaft bushing. I don't have one yet, but it's on the list. I've done the Borgeson steering box and shaft. I've adjusted the Borgeson box way beyond recommended settings, and I'm very happy with that. The steering shaft at first I didn't think was that bad until I got it out. It had some issues. I also installed a steering box brace which is well worth the money. I also went with Energy Suspension bushings everywhere I could put them. Someday I want new front shocks as I believe mine are clunking a bit.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:08 PM

Thanks, Any links to this stuff?
2004 SLT Hemi Black Quad Cab 4WD. SRT-10 Hood, 06 20 Inch Rims SC F5 Tuner, S&B CAI, Power Stop Drilled Slotted tow Package brake kit, Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Shocks, Helwig Rear Sway Bar and G2 Axle Rear Cover, Detroit Tru Trac rear Diff,Smoked LED Tail Lights.

Old 06-03-2019, 12:26 PM

I started on E bay. Borgeson still has a site I think. Energy Suspension kits are on E bay also. Rock solid Ram has some good stuff on YouTube, just search a little bit. I think I'm going to get one real soon also. I'm never happy, happy with my frontend and am constantly doing something to it. I set my toe-in to 0, and wonder if I should toe it in just a tiny bit,,, I'm may be going bananas,,,
Old 06-12-2019, 08:12 PM

Got my rock solid bushing kit in 4 days. Hunted high and low for my Dremel tool for three days after work,,,, just gave in and bought another one. hope to install it soon.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:10 AM

Let me know how it goes.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:41 PM

You wouldn't believe the difference. Not only did it take away any mystery looseness, but all, and I mean all the rattles and clunks that I didn't even think would go away are gone. This of course is after I upgraded my front end with about everything you can think of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement