2019 5TH Gen Hemi - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, & Solutions - Maintenance & Repair > Dodge Ram MPG Zone


Dodge Ram MPG Zone Discuss your MPG woes and helpful hints here!


Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-03-2019, 08:27 PM
hhg's Avatar
hhg hhg is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 397
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2019 Ram 1500 (New Style)
Trim Level: Laramie LongHorn 4x4
Color: Rugged Brown Pearl–Coat
Rep Power: 0
Rep:45
hhg is on a distinguished road
Default 2019 5TH Gen Hemi

I got just a bit over 1K miles on my truck now. On the first tank I averaged a little over 17 MPGs, on the last fill up it was up to 19MPGs. Those numbers are hand calculated and are very close to what the EVIC displays.

My truck is 4x4, crew, Hemi, 22" optional wheels. It is a loaded Longhorn and probably heavier than most. I am pretty sure it gets better as the engine gets completely broken in. All my driving is 70% rural town and on a military installation, the other 30% is highway or Interstate.
__________________
19 Ram 1500 Laramie LongHorn Hemi, 87 Monte Carlo SS, 14 Mercedes GLK 350 (wife's)

One of the "Quiet Professionals"
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 04-07-2019, 08:53 AM
Tred's Avatar
Tred Tred is offline
Super Moderator



 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
Age: 64
Posts: 5,048
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2019 Ram Big Horn Sport QC 4x4
Trim Level: Level 1 W/Tow Pkg
Color: Blue Streak Pearl Coat
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:125
Tred will become famous soon enoughTred will become famous soon enough
Default

I am just over 2300 miles this weekend, and my mileage has been steadily climbing up. My first tank of gas was about 16 mpg, IIRC. Yesterday, I was at 18.9, always hand calculated, I don't trust the on board computer. For the first few weeks, I wasn't using the e-torque system, I would switch it off at start up. Then I thought, why pay for it, if you don't use it. I've left it engaged for a little over a month now and I am impressed. Most of my driving is around town, probably 70% city/30% freeway.
__________________
U.S.Navy - Ret.
The needs of the many are being forsaken for the wants of a few...


Starting over!
RetraxONE MX Tonneau Cover - Line-X Bed Liner - Tinted Windows - MOPAR Window Vent/Visors - MOPAR Bug Shield - Husky Mud Flaps - Stake Pocket Covers (Rear)
R.I.P. 2017 Ram SLT Big Horn QC 4x4 (Totaled - 01/24/19)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can i swap engine 2011 hemi to 2015 hemi bloodmonster2 2011 Dodge Ram Forum 19 01-10-2018 11:57 AM
Doesn't every vehicle have a Hemi ? newdude22 LD RAM - General Discussion 92 03-10-2017 09:50 PM
03 4.7 vs 13 5.7 hemi [email protected] 2013 Dodge Ram Forum 10 09-04-2016 08:08 PM
Free Hemi on Base No Options short cab short bed 2010 1500 cyberpine 2010 Dodge Ram Forum 19 07-21-2011 12:54 AM


Advertisement



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 AM.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors