What's going on at RAM Quality Control?? - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > LD RAM - Ram 1500 Forum > 2019 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2019 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2019 Dodge Ram!

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 04-14-2019, 06:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
pagja is on a distinguished road
Default What's going on at RAM Quality Control??

...well FCA does it again... I just received my factory ordered 2019 RAM 1500 "CLASSIC" (Tradesman model, single cab w/8' bed) that I had ordered to replace my 2014 2500HD with the 6.4 engine.
It was very apparent when I researched the 2019 models that ONLY the "Classic" Tradesman model you could get a 8' full bed. I decided to try to match what I had factory ordered on my '14 SLT and realized that many of the options and even standard items were no longer available. I did order as much as I could including all of the "package options". This also included the "SXT" package which was to include 20" aluminum wheels, chrome grille, chrome front and rear bumpers, dual exhaust with chrome tips and a body colored matching from "fascia" filler panel.
Upon arrival and inspection, the truck did not have the dual exhaust or the paint matching front filler fascia. The SXT package was a $2895 (msrp) option.
I did also order the "Electronics Package" which was only recently available that added many items including the 8.4" screen.
My issue is that when factoring in the missing dual exhaust and tips, the chrome "dual exhast bumper", the fascia being only black in color (like is on the base commercial truck) the SXT package essentially really only included the 20" wheels.
The dealer had nothing to do with any of this and is checking about getting the warranty to cover the removal and replacement of the correct items. I'm wondering if installing the dual exhaust is even doable because of computer programs, pcm, etc.? I do know that it is a different muffler and everything coming from (AHEAD OF) the exhaust manifolds to the muffler is the same on both the single or dual systems. The dual system muffler has two outlets on the rear of it allowing the install of each of the right and left tail pipes with chrome tips. The chrome bumper is different too having the radius's for the pipes..... any opinions? Thanks for any input...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2019, 09:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Black as your heart
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:174
NevadaMike has a spectacular aura aboutNevadaMike has a spectacular aura about

They canceled quality control years ago.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:58 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Ram Ecodiesel 2 whl drive
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:3040
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

the dual exhaust bumper is easily doable,
the dual exhaust would have to have 2 resonators

The tradesman front fascia is usually textured black paint
You wanted the body colored fascia

the exhaust would look like this

Old 04-14-2019, 10:07 PM

GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

The fascia

Old 04-15-2019, 04:09 PM

Vehicle: 2017 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Rebel
Color: Bright White
Rep:20
mikeru is on a distinguished road

I have never ordered a new vehicle, so I'm not entirely clear on what your options would have been at delivery. But I have refused to take delivery if I order something (not a new car/truck) in a particular way, and when it came in it was something other than what I had ordered. I've done that with other custom orders. Don't you still have to sign the paperwork before it's considered yours, or do you sign paperwork before taking delivery when you order a new vehicle?
Old 04-15-2019, 04:39 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500 CC Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep:190
14Hemi has a spectacular aura about14Hemi has a spectacular aura about

When I got to build your truck online, the Electronics Package requires the removal of the SXT package. I don't know how you ended up with parts of the SXT package unless they just added the 20" wheels, but, that doesn't explain how you got the chrome bumpers. All the chrome option packages and the SXT have the body color upper fascia.

Does the invoice show the SXT and the Electronics Package?

2016 Big Horn Hemi 4x4 w/ 3.21 Limited Slip
Bilstein 5100 at 2.1", Timbren SES, Airlift 1000, 18" Magnaflow, AEM Dryflow, 34" Falken Wildpeak AT3W, H9/9011 Headlight Upgrade, 7'6 Fisher HT, Bullet bedliner
Old 04-15-2019, 04:52 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 CC 6.4' 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Caucasian
Rep:93
guy65 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Hemi View Post
When I got to build your truck online, the Electronics Package requires the removal of the SXT package. I don't know how you ended up with parts of the SXT package unless they just added the 20" wheels, but, that doesn't explain how you got the chrome bumpers. All the chrome option packages and the SXT have the body color upper fascia.

Does the invoice show the SXT and the Electronics Package?

My best guess is, that he ordered the Tradesman, which comes always with black fascia. I also found, some other packages come with 20" rims. I tried to configure mine online, and every package I wanted to add required to delete another, I already choose. Like you can't have a chrome fascia and chrome bumper with off road package and with off road package, you have to remove the black out package, which you had to take, if you want the black rims- and then you can't have the truck in any other color than black. and so on. It's simply confusing and I believe, this is, where things went wrong.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:00 PM

My dealership wanted some money when i placed my order, i think that is normal

I wanted some things when i ordered my 2016, but i was told up front that i could not get them with my particular model being an Ecodiesel

I wanted Sport bumpers, i had to get chromed bumpers, that was my biggest complaint

I decided that i wanted a RED only because i could not get Orange
No one knew what Delmonico Red Pearl was, because it was a new color & there was no color swatch to see it, i thought that it might be cool to have a new Red color that no one else had.
When it came to the dealership, everyone was admiring it. I saw it & almost threw up, i hate Burgundy, i had a 1962 Ford that was painted burgundy & it was ugly as all get out.

So i had to order Sport Bumpers & went to a good Body Shop

Last edited by GTyankee; 04-15-2019 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:09 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500 CC Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep:190
14Hemi has a spectacular aura about14Hemi has a spectacular aura about

GT I agree, your repaint looks much better.

2016 Big Horn Hemi 4x4 w/ 3.21 Limited Slip
Bilstein 5100 at 2.1", Timbren SES, Airlift 1000, 18" Magnaflow, AEM Dryflow, 34" Falken Wildpeak AT3W, H9/9011 Headlight Upgrade, 7'6 Fisher HT, Bullet bedliner
Old 04-17-2019, 08:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2017 Ram Laramie 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:10
LarryTn is on a distinguished road

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I wanted the Delmonico Red 2 tone on mine, but the dealer was out of stock, so I settled on white with the silver 2 tone. My son bought his 7 months after me and got the color that I wanted, the Delmonico red 2 tone. I cant talk him into trading trucks with me. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement