DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Sun Pass

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  BobS 
#1 ·
Where ya all putting the sunpass stickers on your new ram?

#2 ·
Hmm, THANKS. My home is in Crystal River Florida. I'm working in Beaumont Texas until mid-2017. I traded my Subaru XV Crosstrek in for my Ram 1500 Sport Stinger on Labor Day while here in Texas. I never even thought about taking my SunPass out of the window until I saw your forum post. I have now gone online and deactivated it. So I owe you thanks.

Now to the question. Since I have to get a new one when I get home at Christmas I'm thinking the same thing. Doesn't it have to go in the center for best reception? I have always hid mine as high in the middle as possible. I looked at the windshield today and it looks like you can hide it just below the black dots in the center behind the rearview mirror. I think it will fit there.

#5 ·
Pretty much. Turnpike, all the expressways around Florida, especially in the Orlando area. Orlando has the ePass system. Miami and the southern end of the state had SunPass. The best thing was when they allow each others receiver and work. Sunpass is a lot better though in my opinion. the ePass in Orlando has limits and you have to use it so much in a month to realize a discount. The SunPass gives you a discount when you actually drive through the toll booths. So I favor the SunPass.

#7 ·
Same here. When I'm in Florida I have the suction cup type just to the right of the rearview mirror and just below the dots.

I gave up on the decal type after going through three cars and a couple more windshields. You can remove the decal but it's tedious and eventually results in destroying it. So I ponied up for the suction cup model. Much easier to deal with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.