FCA Recall T79 - Page 7 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, & Solutions - Maintenance & Repair > Dodge Ram Recalls and TSB's.

Notices

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 02-02-2019, 05:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
BryanDP8 is on a distinguished road

I took my 2012 ram 1500 and for the T79 recall which they completed and four days later...(today) my transmission control solenoid went. The dealership is saying that when I brought it in to have the T79 recall work done they never went near the solenoid because they were working on the brake pedal.....What! They never informed me of doing any computer flashes or upgrades on the computer system for the recall and from what I gather if they upgraded the firmware they should have notified me. The truck ran solid no shifting problems at all since I got it. I take it in for a recall and 4 days later my truck won't shift into drive and goes right to 4th gear and they're saying it's a fluke issue and it's just mere coincidence that happened after it left their dealership. Not very happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2019, 09:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn, Quad Cab
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:21
Slidell is on a distinguished road

Had the T79 recall completed on 8-15-18, and since then I have a clicking noise when releasing the brake in park. The dealer said that the noise is from the new solenoid. Last night when I came home, I put truck in park and couldn't get the key out. Asked the guy across the street for help. He came over and started the truck, put it in drive and then park again, and the key came out. He said it is the BTSI. That was the T79 recall. Guess I'll have go back to the dealer, and raise HELL.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2016 Ram 2500 heavy duty
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
T A VARNER is on a distinguished road
Default T79 recall nightmare

I have owned and driven my '16 ram 2500 HD for a year and a half without a single problem and I absolutely love the performance I get out of it. Then I took it in for the T79 recall on 10/10/18 and the shift module was replaced and the software updated. On 2/3/19 I got a check engine light. I then took it to a different dealership (because the first dealer left my new truck all greasy) the new dealership checked it and was told the code was for a low hydraulic pressure and they would pull the pan and check it out. Upon doing this they say they found that the module was loose and they thought the bolts had not been torqued correctly. They said they would replace the module again under warranty but there is additional parts that are now damaged and need replaced. A connector will be needed and it will not be covered under my drive-train warranty. This would cost me $300. This doesn't seem right because if the recall had been done correctly in the first place my transmission would never have been back in the shop for this issue! what can I do? Tom

Old 06-06-2019, 03:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 09 Dodge 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
ColdCanuck is on a distinguished road

Finally got this recall done. Ironically, it was on the same day I learned that the engine was eating itself (failed cam). Nevertheless, I'm not real enthused about the way it shifts now. Translated: The shifter travel is inconsistent going from P thru R to D and then back to N. Many decades ago, when parking an auto trans vehicle, I got into the habit of shifting into neutral momentarily and then into park. Replacement of the BTSI solenoid in this instance has somehow resulted in there being very little physical distinction when shifting from P and N. Anybody else noticed this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement