Veteran consumer benefits - Page 2 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - SIGS - Special Interest Groups > Military

Notices

Military Special Interest Group for members of all branches of the military, active duty or retired. - Click the badge to the right to request membership>>

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 06-06-2019, 02:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 RAM SLT
Color: BLACK
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
tdiller is on a distinguished road

OK here's one that I didn't see mentioned vettix.org If you area veteran or active you can get tickets to various events for a simple handling fee. Here in the Chicago area I have attended the PBR event at Allstate arena ( cost $15 handling fee for up to 4 tickets) I have also attended a petatonix concert again my cost was the $15 handling fee for two tickets. An just back in December my wife and I attended a mannheim steamroller christmas concert 15$ for handling of two tickets. Check them out vettix.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2019, 02:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi magnum
Trim Level: Sport, SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Gentleman Jim is on a distinguished road

Nice. And thanks tdiller. I certainly was not aware of that one. I’ll bet there’s more out there that we’re not aware of.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Way back in the late 1970s
The VA Hospital told me in no uncertain words that being as i had a job that had medical insurance, that they would not being taking care of any medical needs that i had or that may come up.

Way back then, i thought that the VA Hospital & the VA was all the same thing
I continued to think that until my Father took me to a VFW post several years later. The members there opened my eyes to what the VA is all about.
The VFW was able to get most of my Military papers.
Which i had been told were all destroyed in some Maryland Military Records Storage Facilty fire

The National Personnel Records Center fire of 1973, also referred to as the 1973 National Archives fire, was a fire that occurred at the Military Personnel Records Center (MPRC - part of the National Personnel Records Center) in Overland, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis, on July 12, 1973, striking a severe blow to the National Archives and Records Administration of the United States. MPRC, the custodian of military service records, lost approximately 16–18 million official military personnel records as a result of the fire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...ds_Center_fire
Sorry to hear about your experience GT. The VA (heath/hospital part) now has groups prioritizing vets based on their service, disabilities, and financial status (for possible cost sharing) now. Not sure when they started this. I became more aware of VA benefits and health care after I retired with disability and became a life member of the DAV. Though my rating is not much, I use the VA health care and (fortunately, thank God), I have been well cared for.

Old 06-06-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallamatogus View Post
Most places are happy to accept your VA ID card as proof. Some restaurants, example Denney's offer discounts for vets.
Thanks Wallamatogus. May I add that one may need to ask about these discounts since a number of places either don’t advertise or the ad is located in a not too conspicuous place. I’ve even had to ask about senior discounts even though I look like one, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement