SnapRest - The Instant Comfort Armrest - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > SnapRest.com

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 03-06-2019, 04:27 PM

Vehicle: 2017 Ram 1500
Rep:10
SnapRest is on a distinguished road
Default SnapRest - The Instant Comfort Armrest

Hello everyone!

As a new addition to this forum's vendor roster, we'd like to introduce ourselves and our product. We're a small, family-owned interior accessories company and we've developed a product unlike any other you've seen so far.

SnapRest® is the instant solution to more comfortable driving. No modification or damage to your vehicle's door! Installs in seconds without use of tools. Available for 2013-18 Ram (for two types of doors):

and

So far we've sold over 2000 units and customers' feedback of SnapRest® can be summarized as:
"The materials used are high quality, the concept is great, and the armrest is comfortable."
and
"Love the arm rest. Took the pain away from my shoulder while driving!"

It's also available for another top-selling truck on AmericanTrucks.com where it received a 4.7 out of 5 average review.

SnapRest fits the drivers' door only!

The SnapRest® fits in the door pull recess securely - the built-in door pull is strong, durable and provides an easy grip during normal use. You can conveniently close (even slam) your car's door. It will not dislodge or break.

Available in two trim levels:
- PLUS (Soft molded outside layer with imitation leather grain, like the doors on your truck.) - $53.95 and
- PREMIUM LEATHER (genuine Top grade Italian calfskin leather) available in Black (with threads in either silver, to match aluminum parts of the interior, or black) - $89.95

PICTURES:

1. SnapRest Plus (molded outside layer) - $53.95:

2. Premium leather - Black with black thread - $89.95

3. Premium leather - Black with silver thread - $89.95

FOR A LIMITED TIME, GET 25% OFF THE ABOVE PRICES BY USING >> SNAP25%DEAL << PROMO CODE.
Guys any questions, comments or issues, we're here for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2019, 04:32 PM

You may wonder how this is installed so that it doesn't damage or modify your door?

The product has a special adapter which fits into your factory door pull recess (shown below in red). And a locking insert (shown in black).

So, all you need to do is:

1) Place the SnapRest® on the door pull recess and press it down firmly with your left hand, while pushing the insert to lock the SnapRest® in place with your right hand.

2) Ensure that the insert is locked completely – bottom of the insert should be aligned with the bottom of the mounting posts on the bottom of SnapRest®. Depending on the age of the car and the condition of the door this might require significant force.

When using SnapRest to close the door please make sure you pull it sideways.

You can also screw the adapter and insert together for what we call a heavy-duty installation. The screws bind the two parts together and do not modify your door at all. The screws go through the door pull recess on the SnapRest and go into the insert, preventing them from ever dislodging, regardless of how you use the product (how quickly/forcefully you close the door).

Hope that helps and please do not hesitate to contact me in case of further questions. I’m here to help!
Old 03-06-2019, 05:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2016 Ram Ecodiesel 2 whl drive
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:3060
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Does the forward part of the arm rest cover any part of the RAM control buttons ?

A short RAM install video would be helpful, with or without the heavy-duty installation

I looked at your website https://snaprest.com/

A product like yours might make my usual twice weekly 400 mile trips more comfortable
Right now i rest my left arm on the area where the bottom of the glass meets the door, with my left hand on the upper part of the steering wheel

Old 03-07-2019, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Does the forward part of the arm rest cover any part of the RAM control buttons ?

A short RAM install video would be helpful, with or without the heavy-duty installation

I looked at your website https://snaprest.com/
No sir, it does not cover the buttons - that would be pointless. Please see this picture:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
A product like yours might make my usual twice weekly 400 mile trips more comfortable. Right now i rest my left arm on the area where the bottom of the glass meets the door, with my left hand on the upper part of the steering wheel
That's exactly why we designed it!
Old 03-07-2019, 04:59 AM

Got this email today from Tim. Asking him to create an account on here to give you guys his feedback directly:

Hi Mike, yes I received the armrest and the adapter. I love the way this feels when driving! It’s amazingly comfortable to drive with.

-Tim G-
Old 03-07-2019, 04:59 AM

Got this email today from Tim. Asking him to create an account on here to give you guys his feedback directly:

Hi Mike, yes I received the armrest and the adapter. I love the way this feels when driving! It’s amazingly comfortable to drive with.

-Tim G-
Old 03-10-2019, 04:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2016 Dodge Ram Big Horn 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
oldsaltdriver is on a distinguished road

I am a newby to this forum, but not new to the Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep vehicles. I recently purchased a 2016 Dodge Ram Hemi Big Horn, off from a lease, with 16000 miles and in pristine shape, at a very good price. I traded in my Chrysler Town and Country premier for it. I loved the T &C but this Ram is even better as I am getting older (75) and it was getting harder for me to get in and out of. I am over 6’ 3” and the Ram is at just the right height for me and my wife, with the running boards, both for entry, exit and for seating comfort. The only comfort problem that I encounter with almost all vehicles is the door arm rest is too low so I have to either rest my left arm up on the window sill or lean to the left to support my arm on the arm rest. I have back problems and need even support to keep my torso as straight as possible. My right arm rests on the center consul which is at just the correct height. I then found this new product called “SnapRest” (TM). I ordered one to give it a try and found that model to fit my style #2 Ram door were still in the design/ development stage, so I had to be patient for them to come into production. When I finally received my new arm rest extension and installed it, I found it was at the same, perfect height so that both of my arms are level to give me proper support to keep my torso in a straight, upright position, that is great for any road trips, short or long.
The installation is simple onto the existing armrest, and locked in place with a plastic wedge, with no damage to the door in any way. They have a HD modification/ upgrade that screws the arm rest to the locking wedge to reduce the possibility of it coming loose when pulling the door closed, which happened to me, so I installed the HD modification and it is now very secure. The arm rest is about 2.5” high and a bit wider than the OEM truck door armrest. I have attached a couple of pictures.

Last edited by oldsaltdriver; 03-10-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:58 AM

Hi guys

Pacofortacos gave us a couple of cool videos I'd like to share. One shows what you can expect once the product has been installed:

And this one shows how quickly can you install it in your truck, without damage of modification to your door:

Hope that helps and please do not hesitate to contact me in case of further questions. I’m here to help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement