Its gonna be a wet one.... - Page 2 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Off Topic Section > Off Topic Discussion > HI-TECH Discussion

HI-TECH Discussion Web, computers, software, GPS, satellite TV, home stereos and other non-vehicle hi tech electronics.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 05-22-2019, 08:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 04 Ram 1500 4x4 Quad 4.7L
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Charcoal
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:250
sonocativo is a jewel in the roughsonocativo is a jewel in the roughsonocativo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy65 View Post
We had a Wren- nest under the porch- and yesterday morning, while I was drinking my coffee with my best friend to my feet, suddenly one "fell" out- I was concerned and looked- this little booger was sitting on the porch and my buddy was just looking at it and me and it...- then the parents was just flying around beeping and singing like crazy- the mother flew in the nest and one after another little booger flew out- 5 in total- just hopping and flying around - one right in front of my buddy- he sniffed it and licked on it, looked at me, at it and the booger hopped off- took them almost an hour to find the woods. I know- for some maybe boring, because no gasoline, truck, a train, train station, jail, mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, explosives or "hold my beer- watch this" was involved, but I was entertained.
Nature is exciting all in its own !
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2019, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Ram Ecodiesel 2 whl drive
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:3060
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I find a dog & an possum interacting to be fascinating, the dog never learns
Old 05-29-2019, 11:05 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi magnum
Trim Level: Sport, SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Gentleman Jim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy65 View Post
We had a Wren- nest under the porch- and yesterday morning, while I was drinking my coffee with my best friend to my feet, suddenly one "fell" out- I was concerned and looked- this little booger was sitting on the porch and my buddy was just looking at it and me and it...- then the parents was just flying around beeping and singing like crazy- the mother flew in the nest and one after another little booger flew out- 5 in total- just hopping and flying around - one right in front of my buddy- he sniffed it and licked on it, looked at me, at it and the booger hopped off- took them almost an hour to find the woods. I know- for some maybe boring, because no gasoline, truck, a train, train station, jail, mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, explosives or "hold my beer- watch this" was involved, but I was entertained.
We have a back room we call the observation room as we sit in the am, drink our coffees and watch the wildlife romp about. We even watched a baby bird being helped by both parents yesterday. This has been better than any wiz bang crunch ‘em up shows we’ve seen on the tube.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:29 AM

sonocativo is a jewel in the roughsonocativo is a jewel in the roughsonocativo is a jewel in the rough

So, after a month of waiting for the pool to be fabricated, we actually got upgraded for free to a deeper pool (woohoo ) finally did the ground breaking and installed BUT couldn't be backfilled until it was filled. Took 3 days to fill and now a month later I am trying to find someone to backfill it, just a small bobcat job but Im at a lost trying to find someone as all the pool companies here hire subcontrators to install ??? Anyway, I got all the electrical ran and buried (250' ) one line dedicated to the pump itself and the other line for outlets and lights, both on GFCI Breakers..Now to get this damn thing backfilled so I can build the deck.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:09 AM

Vehicle: 2016 Ram Ecodiesel 2 whl drive
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:3060
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

hire a farmers son & the backhoe that they likely have
If not they must have a tractor & bucket or plow

A couple of high school boys & a home depot rental compactor & steel toe protectors

lay about 4" of dirt, then compact it
When it gets to a point that the tractor can put tires onto to fill area, that can be driven on the dirt, as long as they stay at least 3 feet away from the pool
Old 07-08-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
hire a farmers son & the backhoe that they likely have
If not they must have a tractor & bucket or plow

A couple of high school boys & a home depot rental compactor & steel toe protectors

lay about 4" of dirt, then compact it
When it gets to a point that the tractor can put tires onto to fill area, that can be driven on the dirt, as long as they stay at least 3 feet away from the pool
Yeah this will be a delicate job right next to the pool...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3030.jpg (72.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3026.jpg (72.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-09-2019, 12:16 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport Quadcab
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:76
BobS will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonocativo View Post
If I can figure out how to post a video now that photobucket is gone, I would show an awesome video I took of 2 bucks fighting in the front yard last season.
Sign up for Youtube and post from there. That's where all my videos are and they are free.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
Sign up for Youtube and post from there. That's where all my videos are and they are free.
How is that done?
Advertisement