2011 ram 1500 5.7 misfiring issue - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > LD RAM - Ram 1500 Forum > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 06-13-2019, 06:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
Bikes1107 is on a distinguished road
Default 2011 ram 1500 5.7 misfiring issue

Hey guys . Just joined but I've always came here to read related post to my problems. Checked my engine light and read p0302. Cylinder 2 misfire. Pulled the plugs from 2 and 4 . All 4 plugs looked identical . So I switch the coil packs. Started truck and ran the same as before. Hard to start and a vibration was coming from engine. Drove it around the block and when coming to a stop or accelerating you could feel a rocking or shaking motion. So I bought a new coil pack and put the number 4 coil back in its cylinder. Truck did the same thing with a new problem of having a hard time starting. I would have to give a little gas to stop it from dying, then it would idle just fine. All the old symptoms were still there . So I bought 2 new plugs . Same symptoms along with engine light .

So today I put the original coil back in cylinder 2 and the truck starts properly. However the shaking/ vibration is still there. Also the symptoms when I drive r still there . Shaking and a jerking motion when I slow down or accelerate . But, my engine light has not came back on after a good 40 minute drive .

I checked all the wiring and nothing looks out of normal . I haven't checked the injectors. I do know that 5.7 hemi are known for the hemi tick , but it seems like.mine is making a louder tick since I had this code p0302.

I heard it could be a issue with valve spring or even a camshaft problem with the lighter bearings going bad

Any help would be great . Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2019, 08:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
catchthis1016 is on a distinguished road

read on: https://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=188978
Sponsored Links
Advertisement