Bought a 2015 - Page 16 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Off Topic Section > Off Topic Discussion > Other Vehicle Discussion

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 04-07-2018, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star (MJX8)
Color: Bright White (PW7)
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:931
Thunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmartigan View Post
This was a lease return with 39K miles. AWD, tow package, leather/suede seats (changing them to full leather) backup camera, max steel metallic paint, black int. We wanted the bench seat with the 3rd row because carseat #3 will be here next week. I really wish it had homelink, and remote start, sunroof, power liftgate would be cool. The PO did a roof rack delete, but I prefer the utility. Can't win them all buying used I guess.

I knew the 2016 did the weird engine stop thing which kinda creeped me out too, but I wasn't aware of the rest. Worked out for the best, I guess!

Hemi would've been sweet, but this is ultimately my wife's commuter so gas mileage was the bigger priority. But the V6 with the 8 spd really are a great combo and I don't feel like I'm bogged down behind the wheel. So I really don't expect to have regrets there.

Ok, good to know. I modded the snot out of a 2000 Grand Prix GTP in my early 20's and also did a ton to our old 2000 Grand Cherokee so I've been there done that on the "fun" mods. Lately I'm more interested in maintenance, DIY, instead of just bleeding my wallet on bling. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy some tasteful personalization, but I agree, boards that are nothing but "rims," exhausts, intakes, and HID's get old after a while. So if you do end up posting a Durango thread or something, I'd be all for it.

Speaking of which, I finished reading the owner's manual this morning. Are fuel filters just not a thing anymore?

And yes, I'll get some pics up soon.

I think mine was a dealer rental; we bought it in 2016 and it rolled over 15,000 miles on the test drive. It's been a great vehicle and we absolutely love it-especially roadtripping with the dogs.

We just use the garage door remote clipped to the visor; my Ram has Homelink but I've never set it because it hardly gets parked in a garage. My garage door opener is trash and requires the GFCI outlet in the garage to be reset before you use it each time to work, house before that had a 1 car garage (seriously, WTF??) so it wouldn't fit, the house before that didn't have a garage door opener so I had to do it manually anyway, and before that I lived with my parents whose vehicles occupied the garage.

We got a Durango because with 2 dogs and kids planned soon we needed 3 rows, so the middle bench was a must. My wife likes sunroofs, I don't because they rob headroom and I never use them so I prefer not to pay for it. Never had remote start so IDK what I'm missing there lol. I guess power liftgate would be nice, but seems frivolous IMHO.

I hate the look of roof rack pods but I guess it may come in handy someday . Function in the most beautiful form so I'll be keeping it, plus the rails don't look bad and the integrated crossbars are a great idea. I use them to lean on when I wash and wax the roof. I wish I had the tow package for the HD cooling, but I have the truck if I ever want to actually to so its not something I need-I just like overbuilt stuff like that. Mom's Durango has the tow package, but again, dad's Ram is the tow vehicle.

I agree on the power. IDK how your wife is, but as it stands I get better mileagein my Hemi Ram than my wife does in the Pentastar Durango so I shudder to think what I'd be paying for her gas if it had the V8. I've done better than 27 MPG on the highway.

Were fuel filters ever a thing on gas vehicles? I can't ever remember us replacing them growing up-to include our 275,000+ mile 1992 Plymouth Grand Voyager and 218,000 mile Honda Accord. There's a sock filter over the pump intake in the fuel tank, but the fuel filters on diesels are really a fuel/water separator and NA gas engines can tolerate an amount of water in the fuel.

Thunderhorse:
2013 Ram 1500 Lone Star Quad Cab 4X4. Bright White (PW7), 345ci Hemi V8, 8HP70, 3.21 gears (LSD rear). Mods list
Colt:
2015 Durango SXT Southwest Heat RWD. White Knuckle (PW7), 220ci Pentastar V6, 845RFE, 3.45 gears (open). Huskyliners, Catch can. Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2018, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star (MJX8)
Color: Bright White (PW7)
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:931
Thunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to behold

Durango thread has been posted here:

https://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....53#post2027453

Thunderhorse:
2013 Ram 1500 Lone Star Quad Cab 4X4. Bright White (PW7), 345ci Hemi V8, 8HP70, 3.21 gears (LSD rear). Mods list
Colt:
2015 Durango SXT Southwest Heat RWD. White Knuckle (PW7), 220ci Pentastar V6, 845RFE, 3.45 gears (open). Huskyliners, Catch can. Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement