DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Removing lift from 2nd gen 4X4

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sonocativo 
#1 ·
I have an 01 3500 4X4 that I want to remove the lift from. I have gone through a track bar in less than a year and the front end parts are wearing out. I don't know who did the lift so I don't know anything about it. How tall are the stock blocks on the rear axle. I'm not sure there isn't just a leveling kit on the front end. I will be putting the 3rd gen bracket and track bar on the truck but I don't need a lift anyway. Any suggestions on what I should do will be appreciated.

#2 ·
From experience if you want to keep the lift, Just buy high quality parts ( MOOG ) or anything high quality as they will hold up better. Keep everything greased and lubed as well as alignments. Anything a little out of whack will play havoc on the suspension up front. My 99 had a massive lift and 35s, replaced Ball Joints, track bar, all links and tie rods with MOOG and she held up great. I myself had no clue what brand the suspension lift or body lift were so Id just let the shop measure and order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.