Removing Badges, emblems. Painting hood emblem - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 04-25-2019, 01:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
Hotelchevrolet@St4 is on a distinguished road
Default Removing Badges, emblems. Painting hood emblem

Hi folks. Newbie here. Just posted my intro in the newbie thread. I have a couple of questions concerning the exterior badges and emblems. Vehicle is a 5th gen 2019 Ram 1500, crew cab, 6.4 bed, 5.7L, Bighorn in granite.

1. I don't like the chromed "1500" hood emblems. Can I paint them to match the granite paint? Or paint them black to match the black plastic? How do I order the granite paint? Does it come in a spray can? Or can I simply order new "1500" emblems in the granite bodycolor or in black?

2. Or, and I'm guessing this idea is very pricy... can I order the "sport" hood in granite? Those hoods are very cool. Anybody have ideas as to how much a hood would be?
3. How do I remove these hood emblems? Are there any good youtube videos?
4. I would like to remove the large Ram emblem on the tailgate and the 1500 emblems on each front door? Are these simple held on with 3M trim tape? Again, any good youtube videos anyone can suggest for the best ways to remove these?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2019, 04:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2019 Ram 1500 Classic 4x4
Trim Level: Quad Cab, Tradesman
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:14
Beagleman is on a distinguished road

If you don't want to go the Plasti-Dip route, you can get your paint at Store.Mopar.com, the have it all, check it out. Your 1500 emblems are adhesive and the tail gate is adhesive with 2 guide pins. The pins just line up the badge, doesn't lock it in. You tube has lots of videos on blacking out and debadgeing. I would suggest watching as many as you want until you find the one that you would be more comfortable with. I've gotten a lot out of them so far....
Old 06-15-2019, 08:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Rep:10
Lyle Longboat is on a distinguished road

In have done my own and removed the emblems using fishing line. They come off rather easy. The hardest part is cleaning the adhesive off the truck after you remove the emblems (use adhesive remover).
I through on black spray paint I bought from
Canadian Tire. Make sure to use primer and a few coats of clear coat.
I used 3M tape and through back on.
Mine has held up a few years.
I just recently debadged the truck and running bare now.
It’s pretty easy to do, but be careful not to scratch the truck, if you do, hope it doesn’t go through the stock clear coat. If you do scratch the truck, use water to run over the scratch to see if the clear coat was scratched, it will fade and reappear if so. If it doesn’t disappear and return, you scratched deep
Into the stock paint.l which requires more work to fix.

so if you have a scratch, anywhere on your truck and want to fix it, run water over the scratch and see if it comes back, if it does, then you have a clear coat scratch which you would wetsand using soapy water and 3000-5000 grit sandpaper. Don’t go crazy. After, use polish and there’s you go.

Just keep checking the scratch by running water over it while sanding and when the scratch appears, keep sanding in that spot until it doesn’t. You’ll be good.

Speaking from experience.

Old 06-16-2019, 12:52 PM

Vehicle: 2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.4L H
Trim Level: Tradesman Outdoor
Color: White
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:19
bolo1g2 is on a distinguished road

Save yourself the headache of worrying about scratching your paint. Get a magic eraser wheel to remove any and all adhesive residue. I use one for any sticker, adhesive or other goo on the trucks paint, just attach it to your cordless drill and go slow and you'll not scratch the paint and get all the residue off. this is the one i use never had a problem. https://www.amazon.com/ABN-Rubber-Er...S747VACS4BA86W
Old 06-16-2019, 02:19 PM

Vehicle: 2018 Ram
Trim Level: 1500 Sport
Color: BBCP Night
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:19
Hammer Down1 is on a distinguished road

Just debadged mine. As said, tailgate "RAM" letters are huge and have guide pins on the back of them. Meaning 6 small holes in your tailgate. I believe you can order the "RAM" letters in body color if you want. Or if you debadge, they need to be filled and painted. My guy filled by welding so any condensation on inside wouldn't bleed through, say a bondo type filler and show under the paint.

20190614_174442.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mopar Power Fold Tow Mirrors, Rhino Liner, Extang Bak Flip, Kicker upgrade speakers, 20X9 Rockstar IIs with Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/60/20s, OEM Fender Flares (painted body color). Truck debadged. Bilstein 5100 level @2.1. Carven Competitor muffler and 5" black exhaust tips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement