Diesel questions - Page 2 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Prospective Buyers - Question and Answer Forum

Notices

Prospective Buyers - Question and Answer Forum Are you thinking about purchasing a new Dodge Ram, but have a few questions you'd like answered before you buy? Register and ask away in this forum! We have the answers you need!

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 06-06-2019, 11:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 CC 6.4' 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Caucasian
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:100
guy65 will become famous soon enoughguy65 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Caught.A.CTD View Post
If you're buying a 4th gen then I'm pretty sure (someone correct me if I'm wrong) to get an 8ft bed (without custom mods) and have a crew cab you'll need to go 2500/3500 series. 8ft beds were only made available on Reg Cab 1500 4th gens if I recall correctly.

I believe, she is talking about the 6'4" bed- one reason, why I would rather buy a quad cab than having the crew cab with the shorter bed.
The problem is, that you rarely can find CC and 6'4" bed. I was lucky.
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2019, 01:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
jennroddy75 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy65 View Post
I believe, she is talking about the 6'4" bed- one reason, why I would rather buy a quad cab than having the crew cab with the shorter bed.
The problem is, that you rarely can find CC and 6'4" bed. I was lucky.
I have seen very few crew cabs with 6'4" bed. Once I have a decent down payment, then I can take time to find one. The good thing is my old car is still getting around.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2017 Ram Limited
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:10
oldgoat is on a distinguished road

You will love it! My 2017 2500 4x4 mega cab 6'4"bed limited is great. I just changed my oil and both fuel filters a couple of months ago. If you change your oil and fuel filters yourself, get ready b---h and moan. I don't know what they use at the factory to tighten them, but it must be one hell of a machine. I broke one oil filter wrench and had to order a gear wrench oil filter wrench. It has a hole for 3/8 breaker bar or ratchet. I had to put a cheater bar on my breaker bar and was able to loosen it then. I can't remember the size of the socket to loosen the fuel filter by the engine. You will need a strap wrench for the other fuel filter. That filter is just above the rear-end. All in all I love it. I pull a 13,000 pound empty weight, 40 foot 5th wheel travel trailer with no problems. You will also love the exhaust break in auto. Makes stopping so much easier. I took the trip to Fort Worth to Mendor (not sure of the spelling) and they gave me a great deal. Just check out the different dealerships on line to you find the truck you like at each one and see who will give you the best deal. Good luck

Last edited by oldgoat; 06-12-2019 at 11:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement