DODGE RAM FORUM banner

MOD #1 LED Back up lights

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  adubree86 
#1 · (Edited)
Don't go get all excited nothing major. I got some 68 smd LED and changed out my backup lights.

This will also be my first attempt at a write up but I am sure others have already done it.

Time Required: 5 minutes
Tools: Torx #25
2 LED 921 Bulbs

Pretty simple. Drop tailgate and remove the 2 screws holding in the taillight

You will need to pull a bit to get the light housing to release but there is lots of cable so no worries about pulling it out.

Here is the back of the light turn the base and the light will come out.

Remove old bulb and insert new LED. Now to put it back together. You need to line up the 2 silver nipples that are ont he right side of the picture

With the 2 black clips. They are a pressure fit so you just need to push them in

Then put the screws in and your done. I don't th ink I have forgotten anything. Like I said it is simple and quick as it took me longer to do this post then to install the lights.. Will try and get some pictures of the lights when it is darker. The only other mod I know of on my truck are the headlights here are some pics of them

They were done when I bought the truck

See less See more
#4 ·
Great write up!!!! I gotta do those on mine.

#6 ·
I have just finished this and have ordered some cree bulbs now and will put one in one side to see the difference and which one I like better. I can see that this is going to be addicting

#7 ·
Nice job on your install and the write up and your headlights look saweet! :smileup:

- Cajun

#9 ·
great job on the write up! you will like the added light those put out, I think mine are only 48 or so smd's and they are alot brighter than stock! yours will be daylight!

#12 ·
They were 22.95. As for pictures none yet it is just a white wash at the bulb and doesn't really show on the picture will try and get some better shots. As for fitting your 2000 not sure what bulb you have in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.