DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RAM 2500 Tradesman Crew
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Less than 2000 miles on it. Parked for 1 month then the check engine light came on immediately after startup. Drove fine. Tried 2 OBDll devices and one wouldn’t link up while the other would start then error out. Before I take it back to the dealer, cleaned the gas cap seal and put some wd40 on it. Will drive it a bit and hopefully the check engine light will clear. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did the suggested battery disconnect this morning (in my PJs, lol). Check engine is now off. Will drive it a bit (not in my PJs) later.

Since 2 OBDlls couldn't link up with the RAM, guessing the battery voltage dropped enough (sitting for a month) that the computer(s) got silly. But the engine started normally.

Sandawilliams - thank you

·
Registered
785 Posts
Did the suggested battery disconnect this morning (in my PJs, lol). Check engine is now off. Will drive it a bit (not in my PJs) later.

Since 2 OBDlls couldn't link up with the RAM, guessing the battery voltage dropped enough (sitting for a month) that the computer(s) got silly. But the engine started normally.

Sandawilliams - thank you
When I bought my new 2014 I had to drive it 100 miles to home. About half way the CEL came on and I though oh shit. Brand new truck and already problems. I got home and disconnected the battery and let it sit 1 hour. Re-connected it and didnt have another problem for 78K miles. Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update - Check Engine returned at 3k miles. Disconnected the battery again. But the Check Engine returned within 500 miles.

Solution - Took it in to the dealer. PO441 purge valve on the evaporative gas collection system. They had to overnite a replacement from Boston.

So I called on 8/31 to get my RAM in, they couldn't take me until 9/9, the part got there on 9/10, it wasn't ready until 9/13. Good thing I didn't need the truck for the 2 weeks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts