DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my rear end (4.10 gears) is done. Can't find another anywhere within a couple hundred miles from here in Louisville. Thinking about maybe buying new after market.. any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gears are shot...pinion teeth were sharp as a razor blade. Others were in rough shape too. So last week I buy the rebuild kit and take it to my mechanic ( I've got 0 expierence working on rear end). He gets to workin and tells me the entire housing is too worn to even consider putting the new parts in. Said back by the pinion was almost egg shaped

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
I just read that the housing was oval, have the mechanic locate another rear end out of a wrecking yard

these are just some parts suppliers, brand new parts, not what you need right now
Randys Ring & Pinion has shipping centers in Kentucky & Tennessee

They carry everything that you could need that fits inside of the differential housing

Several other companies also sell the same components
short list of companies

American Axle & Manufacturing | Aftermarket OE Parts, <----- they made Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Axle assemblies for years

Yukon Gear & Axle

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
Chrysler Corporate 9.25"

Popular Applications:
Dodge Challenger 1973 - 1974 Rear
Dodge Charger 1968 - 1979 Rear
Dodge Dakota 1997 - 2009 Rear
Dodge Durango 1998 - 2009 Rear
Dodge / Ram 1500 1994 - 2010 Rear
Dodge / Ram 2500 1994 - 2000 Rear

Chrysler 9.25" Rear Torque Specifications:
Pinion Preload New: 14 to 19 in-lbs
Pinion Preload Reused: 6 to 9 in-lbs
Ring Gear Backlash: .006" to .010"
Ring Gear Bolt Torque: 65 ft-lbs
Carrier Bearing Caps: 75 ft-lbs

The Chrysler 9.25" rear axle is commonly found in Dodge cars and trucks. They use a 9.25" ring gear and run 31 spline axle shafts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it have to be a 4.10 housing off another ram 1500? Cause I can't find one anywhere around here. They all have the 3.56

·
Registered
243 Posts
The housing should be the same, just the gear set is different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts