DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone , ever had or having this problem ? Dash lights up , power to every thing turn the key to start and nothing !!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
If your battery is 3-5 years old, it may be time to change it. At the very least have it load tested.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your battery is 3-5 years old, it may be time to change it. At the very least have it load tested.
Thx for the reply, let me tell you ware im at with this thing , new battery , starter relay , tested starter (good) and I don’t believe it’s in the switch any thought appreciate it

·
Registered
29 Posts
You might check under the steering column. There is a yellow 10-12 gauge wire under there that I had get pinched and stop the truck from starting on my old 2000 ram 1500. It powers the ignition switch. I replaced the pinched section and it started up fine. I also wired in a on/off push button switch and hid it for a great kill switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input , so I’ve crawled all up under the dashboard and tried the neutral start over and over and then it just started 10 x over again and then I guess it has a mind of its own have not a hit for rest of the day no start , neutral safety switch ??? Or ignition?? Watcha thinking ?? Thx

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Could replace the neutral start switch on the transmission. Cheap to buy and will eliminate a source. Glad that you got it to work for now. Check the wiring harness connectors for corrosion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts