DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first time here i will get it in a few more days lol.
I got a 2001 ram 1500 and i cant believe i am having this much trouble finding the proper parts to lower my truck if you got a 00 or 01 there is no options for the front but the rear plenty,Im shooting on a 4/6 drop,c flip in the rear,front need spindles but cant find any trying to do it right or not at all very few options at this point:doh:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in the same boat... djm has a kit for the 2000 that should fit the same as a 2001, I don't know what could be different. I read that if you swap out all the components to the earlier version you can go with the 99 lowering kit, but that means upper and lower control arms, spindles and all brake components too. the guy was swapping from the 1998 style to the 2000-2001 version for the dual caliper brake setup. he said the frame connections for the control arms are the same.

I'm searching to see if swapping just some factory spindles from a different application can get me lower. so if anyone out there has done it already let us know... the cheapest way possible would be ideal as the DJM kit is $1300...

·
Registered
6 Posts
couldn't find anything on spring towers for lowering, just spacers for a lift.

Western chassis has lowering springs and axle flip kits for reasonable prices but I'm more inclined to DIY it if I can...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
couldn't find anything on spring towers for lowering, just spacers for a lift.

Western chassis has lowering springs and axle flip kits for reasonable prices but I'm more inclined to DIY it if I can...
of corse you cant find them, no one makes them as a kit, but you can make your own... I did the reverse for lifting my truck 2"... instead of rasing the shock tower hight I lowered it by cutting it in half and removing 1.5" you could do the same by adding 1.5"... if you can't weld, unbolt the towers and take them to you local welder.. just don't tell him what you are doing, just what you need done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts