DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! My 2006 Ram 1500's rear end failed suddenly and without any warning noises while on the highway. The rear wheels locked suddenly and I slid off the road. The dealership says the pinion gear failed. Turns out the 2006 shares the same pinion gear with the 2005's that have had several similar failures. Some folks with the 2005's got their repair bill covered by Chrysler, since they made that failing product, but since mine is a 2006, they are refusing to take accountability for the truck. I was lucky that no one was hurt and it seems like there have been a lot of lucky people out there so far.

Basically, I want to compile a list of as many second gen, non-2005 trucks out there that have failed like mine, so that hopefully together we can force a recall and no one else has to go through the same ordeal. I am going to build a spreadsheet of VIN's, repair costs, and whether or not an accident resulted to present to them, and if they stonewall me, the media and a products liability lawyer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did the pinion nut back off or did the ring gear fail? That's two totally different things. If it was a ring gear failure it was probably due to the s-clips breaking and causing havoc in the case. Those little effers do a lot of damage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts