·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant remember for sure if its a 4 or 2 ohm sysyem but
i know its opposite from the norm wtf and where do
i find good replacement speakers meant for this system
and what size speakers do i need i only want to take
the dash apart once on the quad cab some one replaced the back speakers with the wrong set and their quiet as f!!! i know infinity doesnt
sell them after m:4-dontknow:arket??????

E

·
0 Posts
Actually, I'd try the Infinity Reference speakers. Pretty darn good speakers for the price. You won't find OEM replacements for your truck with that system anymore and you don't want them. They suck.

Your system is probably the default 2 ohm spec'd amp. It also sucks.

No offense....but you might want to look into getting a nice 4 channel/4 ohm amp.

Anyway, back to the speakers.

Dash = 3.5"
Front door = 5.25" to 6.5" with adapters
Rear door = 6.5"

Good luck with your tunes upgrade!

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. Use the link in my SIG to jump on the Newbie Checkin and introduce yourself and post some photos of your truck. Maddog gave you great info good luck on the update. :Hey:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks deffinitly gonna do that. Yeah that infinity system sucks my wifes mountaineer has a way better system and it doesn't boast infinity or some name brand stereo. This is the first dodge ive ever owned and the stereo is the only thing I have a problem with love the truck way better than the bow ties I've had in the past and ive been A Chevy man all my life. Can't wait to get my hands on a hemi my wife doesn't know it yet but thats our next family vehicle. Anyways thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts