DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all I want to lift my 02 ram 2500, my question is if I go with a 6" lift and add a 2" spacer in the front will I be able to clear 38's? Also if I go with a 20" wheel what sort of back spacing and offset will I need? I really want the wheels to have a decent lip on them......thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
I moved this thread over here so you have a better chance of getting a reply. General discussion areas are not the best place to get technical info.

have you checked out this thread - http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=45373

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi y'all I want to lift my 02 ram 2500, my question is if I go with a 6" lift and add a 2" spacer in the front will I be able to clear 38's? Also if I go with a 20" wheel what sort of back spacing and offset will I need? I really want the wheels to have a decent lip on them......thanks in advance for any help

Since your not getting any feedback, I'll try to help a little. But I'm not familiar with 02 and older models.

I know they don't have as much room as the later generations, so I'd say you probably can't run a 6" lift and run 38" tires, and 37" tires would be a real stretch. You would probably have lots of rubbing and need some trimming. It looks like most kits offered for those are in the 4.5" to 5.5" range, and they only recommend 35" tires. Thats probably what I'd do. Since they are all engineered for the lifts they give (amount of pitman arm drop, amount of track bar drop to center the axle, length of shocks etc etc) I doubt any of them would suggest running any spacers with their kits. I'd suggest using a kit as manufactured.

If you have to have 37" or bigger, your probably looking at a lot more money, and have to start worrying about gear ratios, long arm kits, longer brake lines, extending driveshafts, wobble if your front end isn't in perfect condition, steering upgrades and lots of issues that come with going big. It can all be done, but at a price. Just browsing, I saw a Skyjacker 7" kit, that with 4.5" backspacing is designed for 38" tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts