DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys first post. have a 03 4.7l that has 250000 on it has been great truck. However about the last 6 months has been using oil no leakage. also using water no leakage. the oil cap has mustard color oil( water mix with oil) this is just on the cap not in the oil( oil stays clean). also when truck is warm light amount of water vapor comes out of tail pipe.

Now my sisters ford had the same promblem hers was a bad composite intake(not the composite part but the aluminum water pipe that connects both sides of engine) it corroded causing water to get into the cylinder.
Does my dodge have the same or similar setup? Hoping not the head. If it is; is it propbly the gasget or a cracked head.

have not pulled any spark plugs yet to see if one or two are clean (water in cylinder)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you all.
Yes it has been a good run. I'm the original owner and hardly had any problems.
Only things I had to do is change the front breaks and disk over and over, and 2 water pumps and 1 fuel pump.
Knock on wood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.